PDA

View Full Version : confusion

B Wray
02-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Ok...just recently bought Small Stakes Hold'em and was encouraged by the philo to be tight AND agressive. I've been playing .50/1.00 online and got into the habit of just calling anything 'premium' below AA, KK, or QQ..would limp in w/ JJ or 10 10. So here's the situation just to exemplify my confusion between concepts like agressiveness and recognizing what's on the board. I had JJ and was in late position. About 4 limpers , I raise. 1 drops out, 3 call. Flop comes 777. Checks around, I raise. All 3 call. Turn comes A. One check, one bet, one fold, I raise. The checker folds. Better calls. River is an 8. The guy checks and I raise, he calls. He had AA's full and I had JJ's full. Normally I would have folded before I started reading the book. Not blaming the book at all! Just perplexed how all these ideas of being aggressive and tight, reading your outs / observing the flop etc.., and defending your hand comes into play. I don't expect any answers (although i welcome them). I just needed to vent. Thanks for reading this long message.