PDA

View Full Version : Wil my Jose Conseco baseball cards be worth something now?

Moyer
02-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Seriously, I have a ton of Conseco cards.

I'm pretty sure that I have a card w/ Conseco & McGuire when they were in Oakland.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Good question. I think I have a Canseco + McGwire too, as well as Canseco's Tops Rated Rookie card. I don't know how much either of those were worth to begin with, but what does all this do to those cards?

istewart
02-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Two posters in a row spell it incorrectly?

McGwire.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-16-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

McGwire.

[/ QUOTE ]
D'oh! Good catch.

edit: I mean... what do you mean two posters in a row? I only see one.

Dynasty
02-16-2005, 09:29 PM
I don't think the value of his cards will increase due to his accusations and book.

Canseco is a rat. That doesn't usually increase people's opinion of the person in the long run.

jar
02-16-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that I have a card w/ Conseco & McGuire when they were in Oakland.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, the mispelling probably increases the value quite a bit.

offTopic
02-16-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There may be some minor interest, but nothing significant. Infamy doesn't count for much, and it's not like he sawed two people's heads off or anything.

If you kicked down $100 for the 86D RC, you're still hurting. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ThaSaltCracka
02-16-2005, 09:48 PM
I will wait for NolanFan to reply to get the definitive answer, but my thoughts are no. Baseball cards from the mid to late 80's all the way through till the late 90's are all basically worthless because so many were produced. Conseco's recent news won't change anything.

snowbank
02-16-2005, 09:56 PM
I will wait for NolanFan to reply to get the definitive answer, but my thoughts are no. Baseball cards from the mid to late 80's all the way through till the late 90's are all basically worthless because so many were produced. Conseco's recent news won't change anything.

This is correct. You basically need vintage cards(73 or before) for them to have a chance at increasing in value. From like 87 and beyond they are so overproduced it doesn't really matter. The only chance you have at making money off cards is selling old ones or selling very new ones.

J_V
02-16-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear that.

Eurotrash
02-16-2005, 10:40 PM
I actually have a bunch of Canseco cards, too, including that '86 Donruss rook.

I'm still holding out hope that he'll cure cancer or something so they regain some value /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Brown Thumb
02-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Wil my Jose Conseco baseball cards be worth something now?

Maybe if you had chili they would.

Moyer
02-17-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. At least I'm not the only one. Do a google search on Mark McGuire.

nolanfan34
02-17-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding ding ding! Canseco's cards had plummeted long before this latest thing happened. The peak selling point was probably 1991. They can't really get any lower to begin with.

[ QUOTE ]
You basically need vintage cards(73 or before) for them to have a chance at increasing in value.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't exactly true, mid-late 70s stuff has been appreciating very nicely. Especially the graded stuff, and legitimate unopened packs. I think the early 80s stuff is going to follow suit, as guys like Ripken, Boggs, Sandberg, Gwynn, Henderson, Clemens (if he ever retires), and McGwire make it into the Hall.

[ QUOTE ]
From like 87 and beyond they are so overproduced it doesn't really matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't argue with that, with the exception of 87 Fleer, and some other gems like 1992 and 95 Bowman, and to a certain extent 1989 Upper Deck (DAMN YOU GRIFFEY!!!!!!!)