PDA

View Full Version : Death of Dimebag

tdarko
02-16-2005, 08:20 PM
this might have already been posted but i dont care. how in the world did Dimebag Darrell's onstage murder get passed me--and i live in Dallas too!!
what a horrible horrible tragedy /images/graemlins/mad.gif

side note: the murder happened the same day 24 years after Chapman murdered Lennon.

bugstud
02-16-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this might have already been posted but i dont care. how in the world did Dimebag Darrell's onstage murder get passed me--and i live in Dallas too!!
what a horrible horrible tragedy /images/graemlins/mad.gif

side note: the murder happened the same day 24 years after Chapman murdered Lennon.

[/ QUOTE ]

had 2 threads, actually

Greenthumb
02-16-2005, 08:27 PM
dime was the greatest guitarist ever. every time i hear "this love" i want to strangle my ex girlfriend (not that i would ever really assault a female). after he took the bullets, he fell to the ground and continued to play until he could no longer.(that sounds like a bill brasky story but i think its true). anyway i missed the threads too so all this was prolly already noted.
Love,
Greenthumb, king of crops

astroglide
02-16-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
after he took the bullets, he fell to the ground and continued to play until he could no longer

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.mgm.com/mgm/uk_images/box-vhs/OVER_THE_TOP_VHS_hires.jpg

J.A.Sucker
02-16-2005, 11:33 PM
That is a beautiful thing! Thanks for making my day.

istewart
02-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Hahaha.

PoBoy321
02-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Over the top was a great movie about a custody battle. You know what else was a great movie about a custody battle? Kramer versus Kramer, but it was missing something. Oh yeah, arm-wrestling.

As for the OP, I think that Dimebag was an amazing guitarist, although I was never really a Pantera fan. The fact that such a well known artist could be shot in the middle of a show just astounds me. Does anyone know what the killer's motivation was?

Daliman
02-16-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Over the top was a great movie about a custody battle. You know what else was a great movie about a custody battle? Kramer versus Kramer, but it was missing something. Oh yeah, arm-wrestling.

As for the OP, I think that Dimebag was an amazing guitarist, although I was never really a Pantera fan. The fact that such a well known artist could be shot in the middle of a show just astounds me. Does anyone know what the killer's motivation was?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy was(obviously) nuts. He was mad at DD for "breaking up" Pantera and also for some reason thought DD had stolen some of his songs. Not positive, but I think there was also something about him getting a dishonorable discharge from the military for being too violent.

wacki
02-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Funny fact about Pantera.

Apparently they liked eating at nice sushi bars. There is an upscale restaurant called Sakura in Indy, it has pics of Reggie Miller, politicians, and many other famous people all wearing suits/nice clothes hanging on the wall. In the middle of all of these pics/signatures is one of Pantera. It makes me smile every time I see it.

tdarko
02-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Dimebag's strip club in Dallas was great but those live shows sealed the deal, i wasn't a big fan of damageplan but i think the music will be missed.