PDA

View Full Version : KK-hand

kongo_totte
02-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Prima NL50 $.5BB Full ring. No reads. I'm MP2 w/ K K.

UTG limps, folded to MP1 who bets $2, I call, folded to UTG who calls. 3 to the flop. All stacks are $50-ish.

Flop ($6:75): Qs Jh 3s

UTG bets $2, MP1 makes it $4, I make it $12.

Thoughts?

TheWorstPlayer
02-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Really I think that deception is a lot more likely to hurt you here than to help you. I would certainly re-raise preflop. The biggest leak that people have at SSNL is that they are too loose preflop. Punish that by making them pay to see a flop against your KK. I can count the number of folds to re-raises that I have seen on the thumbs of one hand. Given how you played it preflop, I like your raise on the flop. You have to see if that min-raise means nuts or means crap.

kongo_totte
02-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the response. I usually do re-raise PF. I posted the hand since I am rarely put in the situation that followed.

tbach24
02-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Never ever ever ever ever flat call with KK preflop. It is a huge mistake. You are inviting other PPs in on so that they can set and stack you.

As it is, I think that you played it nicely...folding to a re-re-raise I presume?

kongo_totte
02-18-2005, 08:15 AM
No, both folded.

t_petrosian
02-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah..you have to reraise. At a tighter table, playing second hand low might work out, but you are about giving some schmuck on the button (say me) odds to see the flop with A9s or QJo hoping to spike an ace on the flop or catch a nice draw (or two pair as the flop turns out). And once the button is in there, then the SB might come in with the juicy pot, and the BB might stay, too. At that point, you're hating KK.