PDA

View Full Version : Making Money Playing Tournaments

TruFloridaGator
02-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Hey guys, thanks ahead of time for the advice. Is it profitable to play sit & go tournaments a lot & make money at as opposed to cash games? To what degree and what would you consider the advantages and disadvantages of trying to make money verse one or the other. Thanks!

TruFloridaGator
02-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Anyone?

MowrMowr
02-16-2005, 06:48 PM
If there were only a separate forum for SnG's, this question would be *perfect* for that forum.

Caruso329
02-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Go post this in the 1-table Tournament forum and ask them how much an average winning player can expect to win from STTs (single table tournaments). Or better yet, don't hassle them and use the search function. This is an old subject.

Uglyowl
02-16-2005, 07:08 PM
A great player can average 40-50% return on their buy-in on an average tournament at $100+9 and below.

I averaged around 25% on $10+1 playing there... in other words I made about $2.75 per tournament over a ton of them.

MicroBob
02-16-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm not very familiar with it....but 40-50% is much higher than I have ever heard for the realistic max on SNG win-rates.

I have chatted with one guy from 2+2 who exclusively multi-tables the $100 SNG's and it is quite profitable for him.

I'm sure there are others doing it at the $20 level to the $200 level.

Additionally, the SNG guys insist that the variance in playing the tourneys full-time is significantly less than playing the limit ring-games full-time.

The guy I previously spoke of thinks his win-rate would be a little bit better if he went back to ring-games....but he is enjoying the SNG's and says the lessened fluctuation of bankroll is a really important aspect to him.

CUonCRUISE
02-16-2005, 07:51 PM
I prefer the sngs, I'm doing well at Party Steps right now. There is less variance and it's more fun. Give me your screen name on Party so I can avoid you.