PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Play review

Scuba Chuck
02-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Out of curiosity, how would you play this hand?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1095)
SB (t1460)
Hero (t1425)
UTG (t845)
MP (t3175)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t300</font>, Hero...

curtains
02-16-2005, 06:25 PM
very easy allin and its not close.

Scuba Chuck
02-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Curtains, that's what I thought as well. Guess i was just surprised to see villain flip over 55.

curtains
02-16-2005, 07:00 PM
What can you do, these things happen.

Barrett's Last Privateer
02-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Scuba,

If you had have been the SB in this hand with 55, what would you have done? I'm not suggesting I would have done what the SB did, but am interested in the driver of your suprise.

Scuba Chuck
02-16-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not suggesting I would have done what the SB did, but am interested in the driver of your suprise.

[/ QUOTE ]

He mini-raised, leaving himself enough of a stack to continue playing. I figured he would have called a slightly smaller stack, and would have folded to an equal stack or bigger stack. That's what I thought he was thinking.

The driver of my surprise? I am always surprised when the villain calls an allin with a small pocket pair. If he's wrong, he's dominated, but if he guesses right, he has a slight advantage (a coinflip situation). So yeah, I am surprised when someone does call in these situations. I'm sure I'm posting because I've had a crummy run today. It happens, bleh.

The Yugoslavian
02-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Wait....so you're surprised when players demonstrate that they're not very good? Are you surprised when you see your profit every month? C'mon, how else do you expect to make money man!

Yugoslav

Scuba Chuck
02-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Perhaps I'm more surprised at ...

Oh, I guess I shouldn't be. Thanks Yugo.

holeplug
02-17-2005, 12:37 AM
It seems that a lot of loose players seem to overvalue small pocket pairs for some reason.

silversurfer
02-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Uhm - assist the clueless please. This hand is a slight dog to any pair, and dominated by AK (duh). It's an easy call, but i don't see where it's so cut and dry as an all-in.

Does this guy usually commit 20% of his stack to the A10-K10s range of hands or something? Is this a 200$ game (based on what I've read here, it would be an easy all-in in that case)?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

holeplug
02-17-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Uhm - assist the clueless please. This hand is a slight dog to any pair, and dominated by AK (duh). It's an easy call, but i don't see where it's so cut and dry as an all-in.

Does this guy usually commit 20% of his stack to the A10-K10s range of hands or something? Is this a 200$ game (based on what I've read here, it would be an easy all-in in that case)?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The SB is most likely doing this with any 2 cards

silversurfer
02-17-2005, 12:52 AM
So you're saying defend the blinds then; I understand. But in that case, I still like a call better. I'm too tired to add up all the hand possibilities that have you beaten at the moment and there are a lot of variables left out (eg the play of the small blind, for one thing), but I still say call.