PDA

View Full Version : AJs / KQs

garcia1000
02-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Hi guys. I'm a new poster here but I would like to learn more about SnG strategy. I mainly play the 20/2 SnGs.

This post is a fairly common situation I experience. It's in level 2 so the blinds are 15/30, and everyone has around their starting chips. I'm in the big blind with KQs or AJs. UTG raises to 75 and gets two middle position callers. Now it's 45 to call into a pot of around 250, and I get to close the betting.

What would you do in this situation?

I am sorry about asking a generalized hand question. I will try to post real hand histories when I find one that is interesting.

curtains
02-16-2005, 06:21 PM
If you think you play well postflop and won't lose many chips if you flop top pair and are dominated, then go ahead and call. If not, it may be best to fold.

garcia1000
02-16-2005, 06:36 PM
I have a further question: if it will be difficult to play top pair postflop, are you mainly playing this hand as a draw?

I was trained to avoid playing draws out of position, which is why these sorts of hands are difficult decisions for me. (I would fold AJo and KQo without thinking about it)

Mez
02-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Your preflop call is fine. But make sure you know how to value your hand on the flop.