PDA

View Full Version : Pokertracker DBs - ? about getting rid of info I don't want?

VTDuffman
02-16-2005, 06:15 PM
So, my PT database is full of a bunch of info about myself and other players, some of which I don't care about (1/2 hands, NL Hands, etc).

Is there any way to take only the hands that I care about (.5/1) and export them into a new DB with just them in it?

If so, how do I go about doing this?

illunious
02-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Utilities -> Export Hand Histories to File...

You can also "purge" sessions in "Database maintenance and options..." (sort by limit).

Vern
02-17-2005, 09:56 AM
The easiest way, IMHO, is to export just your hands for the levels you want and import them into a new database. This does not affect the Hand History database.
<ul type="square"> Start PT
Click on the two blue cylinders, Maintain your Poker Tracker Database
Click Add, name it something like $0.50-$1.00 Full Ring, under the database file column select Create then click OK.
A pop-up will come up asking if you want to copy information from an existing database, Select your primary database that has all the settings already in it. Uncheck the fourth box, do not import the auto-import settings and then click OK.
Click in the Ring to open a Ring Game Display, this will be for your primary db.
Go to the preference tab and select the level you want, and all dates.
Go to the Game Notes tab and click the export button.
Save the hands to a folder with nothing else in it or any subfolders. PT will make the last level folder if it does not exist (It will prompt)
Wait for it to stop exporting
Close the current ring game display
Click the open folder to open another database, select the one you made above.
Click the Lightning Bolt, Auto-Import button, you should be prompted to select the database, select the one you made above.
Select Look for file(or files) on my PC
Check All Text Files in Folder(sub-folder included)
Click Configure and add the folder you saved all the hands above when exporting then click OK.
Click OK to start the autoimporter.
Click Stop Timer button
Make sure the Auto rate players when importing hand histories (ring hands only) is unchecked
Click Force Import
Wait
Wait some more
When finished, it will list the number of hands imported.
Close the Autoimport Window
If you have auto-rate rules, run autorater right now. Your settings should have been imported when the database was made so you just need to run it.
Click the ring button again, select the new database just for this level.
You should now be looking at a database of just your hands at that level
[/list]

This does several things. It exports just your hands at a given level and imports them into a clean database. Having the auto-importer off when importing large number of hands is important as it auto-rates after each file is imported, so instead of autorating 100 times to load 10K hands, you do it just once at the end.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.

grinin
02-17-2005, 01:16 PM
I have wanted to do this for a while but have not found a decent explanation of how to do it. I am going to give this a shot this weekend.

Really appreciate your helpful post Vern.