PDA

View Full Version : WON MY FIRST POKER TITLE!!!!

kevstreet
02-16-2005, 05:50 PM
I'd like to say "Thank You" to everyone on this site. Although it was only a $6 tournament on Party Poker I took down $1194.44!!! I know this should be on the MTT forum, but I normally play SnGs and boy did it ever help when I got to the final table. Sorry if this is a lot of bragging but I'm really thrilled and who better to share with.

Kevin

curtains
02-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Congrats! It's best feeling in the world isnt it?

ilya
02-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Congratulations! Please transfer my protection fee to my account immediately.

kevstreet
02-16-2005, 05:52 PM
I'm so excited Curtains. Actually, I'm the guy that said you and your sister are super models (lol) Oh, I'm married so don't worry. Thank you for congrads!!!

tdarko
02-16-2005, 05:53 PM
congrats man hang on to that feeling!!!

The Yugoslavian
02-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Rock on Kev!

For whatever reason these are the content lacking posts I do not mind.

However, I would advise that no amount of money to Ilya will protect you from me.

Yugoslav

skipperbob
02-16-2005, 06:05 PM
W.T.G.....YEEHAW.....GRATS /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kevstreet
02-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Thanks Yugoslav!!!!

As far as lacking content, this post ranks first, but I really wanted to share with everyone. Again, I can't tell you how much this forum has helped. More than any book or magazine, especially in regards to the discussions about "gap concept"

OK, I'll stop now!

Karak567
02-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Congrats!

What is gap concept?

RYL
02-16-2005, 06:46 PM
I just won my first tournament a month ago. I know the feeling. The best feeling in the world. I know exactly how you feel. Congrats on your win.

kevstreet
02-16-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats!

What is gap concept?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do a search for "gap concept" I feel more comfortable letting some of the better players explain this to you. It's basically the calling/raising/folding standards based on position.

lorinda
02-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Congrats kev.

Just a word of caution, you'll probably play terribly for a couple of days now so play small and careful until you've calmed down.

Consider very carefully how to use your new found bankroll before spending much of it too.

Sorry to be the boring one, well done /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lori

kevstreet
02-16-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a word of caution, you'll probably play terribly for a couple of days now so play small and careful until you've calmed down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Lori, great advice. I was all set to play a big SnG and thought better of it. I think I'm going to take the rest of the night off.

sng-sam
02-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey congrats! I have had 2 wins in small buy in tournies like this and lorinda is 100% right. You will play bad until you calm down. Stay far away from limits you have no experience with. If you have to transfer the money to a friend (i volunteer!) to keep it away from you and your mad rush /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Isn't it now that CITANUL will come in and say:
What value did that post have?
Was there something that you or others should learn from it?
Is this a bad beat whine?

Lighten up! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

se2schul
02-16-2005, 08:20 PM
Kevin,

Is your name on Party Kev_Str ???
I ask because I'm currently playing in the 1633 person $5+1 and we're down to 25 players, and someone by the name of Kev_Str was watching and just make a comment as my pocket tens turned a set to suckout a made set of 9's.

Just wondering if that was you.
Anyway, congrats. Beating that many players is quite a feat!
I hope that my results are similar to yours.

ss

kevstreet
02-16-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is your name on Party Kevstreet ???

ss

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes SS, that was me. CONGRATULATIONS on your 9th place finish, well done. I did see that incredible hand, the moment you called your 10 hit on the turn, it was awesome.
9th is fantastic, again congrads. How did you end up getting bounced out of the tounrey?

Kevin

se2schul
02-16-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes SS, that was me. CONGRATULATIONS on your 9th place finish, well done. I did see that incredible hand, the moment you called your 10 hit on the turn, it was awesome.
9th is fantastic, again congrads. How did you end up getting bounced out of the tounrey?

Kevin

[/ QUOTE ]

The last half hour, I didn't even see a face card. I never really had the chance to steal, as someone always seemed to enter the pot before me. I was all set to push with my first decent looking hand. I had to settle for A3. I had 3 or 4 callers and needless to say, I got smoked.

I'm fairly new to poker, and I've really only played 3 or 4 of these big MTTs. The sad part is that I don't really know proper MTT stategy since I play STT's almost exclusively. All I could do was apply the very basic priciples that I learned in this forum, such as starting hands, playing position, using the gap, etc.

Do play a lot of these MTTs??
I think they're a blast, but they take so long. I'm pretty pumped from my 9th place finish.... I can only imagine what 1st feels like /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Steve

kevstreet
02-17-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do play a lot of these MTTs??
I think they're a blast, but they take so long. I'm pretty pumped from my 9th place finish.... I can only imagine what 1st feels like /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost play SnGs exclusively although I love the MTTs. My previous best was 7th place out of about 1600. Sorry you didn't catch any cards late in the tourney, it certainy helps. I had the chip lead as soon as the final table started, needless to say it's a great advantage. In fact, on a steal attempt I ended up catching two pair (Qs & 7s) on the flop and another big stack moved me all in w/ A7. She berated me for about 5 minutes about how I could even think about playing Q7, I told her I was trying to steal the blinds and if she would've come over the top of me I probably would've layed it down... It was cool because everyone else at the table was completely on my side, even the railbirds (tee hee hee)