PDA

View Full Version : QQ against semi-tight aggressive unknown

stillbr
02-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Should i have capped here? I wanted him to bet into me on the turn so i could raise? Is this a standard play?

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Fat Nicky
02-16-2005, 05:29 PM
I'd cap the flop, if he leads out the turn, i'd call down.

PhatPots
02-16-2005, 05:41 PM
I think you would probably be beat here. What could he 3 bet prf and and the flop that you would have beat? JJ? I would think that Sb most likely has KK or AA. You capped preflop and he leads into you on this flop. I would cap the flop and then if he leads into on the turn I just call it down. Hope he had JJ

Cheers,
Pots

EliteNinja
02-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Cap the flop.
Raise the turn if he bets.
Bet the turn if he checks; 3-bet if he raises.
Check/call the river if he caps the turn.
Bet/call if he calls the turn 3-bet.

Entity
02-16-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you would probably be beat here. What could he 3 bet prf and and the flop that you would have beat? JJ? I would think that Sb most likely has KK or AA. You capped preflop and he leads into you on this flop. I would cap the flop and then if he leads into on the turn I just call it down. Hope he had JJ

Cheers,
Pots

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you forgetting that this is a Button openraise? SB's range of hands is much wider for a 3-bet PF against a Button openraise than it would be had Hero raised this UTG, or raised multiple limpers.

I think the hand is fine. Sometimes I cap the flop and calldown if he bets the turn, but I think your line stands to make more from an overzealous ATs, KTs, JJ, etc.

Rob

EliteNinja
02-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Disregard my above post.

Yikes, didn't see the PF 3-bet.
He most likely has (Maybe TT), JJ, KK, AA, AK.
You beat less than half of them.

Cap the flop.
If he leads the turn, call down from there.

Entity
02-16-2005, 05:49 PM
You guys are giving way too narrow of a range for SB here. He's got 88 (maybe 77)-AA, ATo+, KTo+, and a few other hands thrown in there as well.

Rob