PDA

View Full Version : Bliss

bobbyi
02-16-2005, 04:23 PM
A bad $30/60 at Muckleshoot has turned into a good $20/40. A too-loose and not particularly good player limps early. I raise A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif three or four off the button and we take the flop heads up, which is A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif. He check-raises, I three-bet and he calls. The turn is an offsuit jack. Check check. The river pairs the ace. He bets, I raise, he mumbles and complains and eventually makes a crying call. I show and he mumbles some more before showing A /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Fianchetto
02-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Nice! Everytime money goes in the pot you're ahead, and you check it through when behind.

Fundamental theorem of poker stuff, you play it the same way if he had his cards turned face up.

On a blank river I assume you were planning on calling a bet, and betting if checked to.

bobbyi
02-16-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice! Everytime money goes in the pot you're ahead, and you check it through when behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I thought too and why I had a feeling of bliss and joy when I saw his cards. I ran the numbers when I got home and he's actually better than 50% on the flop since he has so many outs to counterfeit my kicker and chop:
http://www.twodimes.net/poker/?g=h&b=Ac+Kh+Qh&d=&h=Ah+Th%0D%0AAs+Jd

I'm still pretty happy about when the money went in and when it didn't though.

[ QUOTE ]
I assume you were planning on calling a river bet, and betting if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah.

slavic
02-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Bobbi -
The 30 is almost never bad. It's normally short and they don't know how to play short. Play aggressive and your position whne you have hands, accept the chop when it folds around to you. Sit on the left of the non-choppers. It's all good.

bobbyi
02-16-2005, 06:25 PM
These terms are relative. When I say "bad", I mean that it was one of the worse games I have sat in at muck. Within the range of tables I have seen there, this one certainly qualified as bad. There were no complete idiots and everyone was relaxed and pretty much playing their best. My opponents were EJ, Pete, Maurice, Mr. Lee (who was mostly up from the table) and two people I didn't know both of whom are apparently regulars in the weekday games and who were relatively tight-passive and somewhat decent. These people all have more short-handed experience than I do and I don't really feel that there is that much money to be made at this table, even though I don't particularly worry about any of the opponents or feel intimidated by playing with them. There was also one relatively soft seat for a while, but even he was mediocre rather than terrible, and when he left, I left too. I rejoined the table as the tourney broke and some of the liver players came to sit down. By that point, some of the 30/60 players had left and they turned the game into a 20/40.

Relative to a table full of drunks where many flops are seen seven-handed or where people are stuck and on total tilt or whatever, I think this table qualified as bad. I also think that the must-move we sat in on saturday was bad.