PDA

View Full Version : fu2 (golf)

M2d
02-16-2005, 03:39 PM
I'm a decently big guy (6', 199.9999) and hit the ball a pretty good ways. a while ago, I figured that long AND straight wasn't really in the cards, so I'd make do with long since golf isn't my life and straight would be too much work to get consistantly.

Anyway, a couple of years ago I bought a big bang 6* w/a 2" over length Penley ETA tour XX shaft to screw around with. I actually love it, but wouldn't put it into play because of the shaft (I have to be swinging perfectly to hit it well, but when I am...wow), but I wouldn't mind getting a similar head as a regular driver.

does anyone have any experience with the Bangenstein FU2? I like the bang head I already have, and I love the name of this head. great criteria, huh? I'd get it in a playable loft (maybe 8.5-10 or so) with a playable shaft (ETA X), but I'm thinking I need to replace my current driver before it caves in (from age, not impact).

thanks

eric5148
02-16-2005, 05:39 PM
You need to get on a launch monitor to measure you're swing speed, lauch angle, ball speed and spin rate. That's the only way to fit a driver in terms of maximum distance with reasonable control.

M2d
02-16-2005, 05:44 PM
but I like the name of the driver. if it isn't complete crap, I'll get it (well, maybe it has to be a little better than that).

eric5148
02-16-2005, 05:46 PM
How to piss off a clubmaker:

[ QUOTE ]
but I like the name of the driver.

[/ QUOTE ]

M2d
02-16-2005, 05:49 PM
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

diddle
02-16-2005, 05:57 PM
6* driver? thats crazy. Vijay uses 10.5. I use a 9.5. I've done some long driving exhibitions over the years so here's my take.

As far as the heads go, they are all pretty high quality nowadays. Bang is fine, Alpha is good, and of the expensive ones I like TaylorMade (use it for normal play).

I hit them all about the same distance, ~320

I tried an Alpha 8* with overlength XXX shaft (ha ha) and busted some 360+. that was fun

M2d
02-16-2005, 06:03 PM
like I said in the op, the 6* is for $#!+$ and giggles. something to screw around with on the range.

offTopic
02-16-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, a couple of years ago I bought a big bang 6* w/a 2" over length Penley ETA tour XX shaft to screw around with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think, with the right wind conditions, I could hit a ball with this club and have it slice in nearly a complete circle, a la Jackie Mason in the unwatchable Caddyshack 2.