SW: Cleveland RTG 56*
LW: Cleveland Gunmetal 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

syka16
02-16-2005, 02:57 PM
a sneak-a-toke

nolanfan34
02-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Driver: None, right now. In the market for something. I've never had a titanium driver.
Woods: Taylor Made Supersteel 3 wood (getting replaced soon). Taylor Made 200 series 5 wood.
Irons: Titleist DCI 4-PW.
Wedges: Cleveland RTG 52 deg gap wedge. Cleveland RTG 56 deg sand wedge. Ram Tom Watson 60 deg lob wedge.
Putter: Ping Anser (LH)

chaas4747
02-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Don't change equipment often.
Driver - 9 degree Callaway Hawkeye VFT
Fairway - Callaway Steelhaed Plus 3+, (old) Taylormade baffler (the origional Hybrid)
Irons - Ping Eye (green dot)
Wedges - Titelist 5210, and 5610.
Putter - Titelist Scotty Cameron Newport
Usually play - Titleist Pro V1*

mcb
02-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Driver: Titleist 975D
3 Wood: Titleist 980F (christmas gift /images/graemlins/laugh.gif)
2-9 Iron: Custom made Titleist DCI
PW,LW,SW: Clevland Forged Chrome
Putter: Old Odyssey that I love

nolanfan34
02-16-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 Wood: Titleist 980F (christmas gift /images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the same one a while back as a gift, but it's a regular flex graphite shaft, and I hate the feel of it as a result. Do you like yours? Still trying to figure out what to do with the damn thing.

beerbandit
02-16-2005, 03:21 PM
driver -- yonex super adx 9'

3wood -- clevland, older one

irons -- 1985-6 ben hogan blades 3-e wedge
e wedge = p wedge
i have the 1 and 2 irons but do not use them, the 1 iron is scary the head actually looks smaller than the ball

wedges -- mizuno tzoid 60', titlesit copper 52', wilson 57'

putters -- never compromise full mallet, oddysey rossie 2, ping anser, scotty cameron terryleum(sp) and my favorite this old founders club blade type

--- i dont use the scotty that much its one of the old ones prob from 6 years ago

man i want to play some golf, to bads the weather doesnt permit here now, only a few more months

cheers

nolanfan34
02-16-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
man i want to play some golf, to bads the weather doesnt permit here now, only a few more months

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear that. The worst part is, we've had good weather in Washington, but I'm not allowed to play golf for another month or so after having my appendix out. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Lumpy
02-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Driver - Nike 350Ti
Woods - Adams Tight Lies-2 3+5
Irons - Mizuno MX-10 3-PW
Wedges - Cleveland 588 52+56
Putter - MacGregor V-Foil M6.4K

mcb
02-16-2005, 03:29 PM
I have extra stiff graphite on that and my driver. That regular flx must feel like a noodle.. Irons all have true-temper exta stiff steal.

I have only used it for a week over chirstmas when I was in florida, but I like it. I spent a good amount of time at the range getting used to it. Its pretty forgiving and gives decent feel which I like.

I would get it reshafted or trade it in for one with a different shaft if you like the club itself.

M2d
02-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Driver: Stiletto 9* w/x penley stealth 70
3 wood: Snake Eyes (older model...forget which one)
2-pw: Snake Eyes TC-01
wedges: Snake eyes forged
putter: whole lotta different ones. Never Compromise, snake eyes, odyssey, etc.

HDPM
02-16-2005, 03:45 PM
I have a set of hogans from those years. I retired them tho and play pings now. As bad as I play I might go back to blades since it doesn't matter. The hogans were great, but the set I always wanted was the staff fg-17 1-PW. Almost have bought some on e bay. Maybe wilson will get back in the iron business right and make a set of good looking blades again. Played hogans for a long time but actually didn't like the look all that well.

mmbt0ne
02-16-2005, 04:00 PM
The sizes and lofts in the pictures match mine.

Driver
http://valueguide.pga.com/images/Nike/Woods/forged_stl_300cc_med.jpg

Fiarway Wood
http://www.golfonline.co.nz/site/golfonline/images/items/tm2_av3.jpg

Irons
I need new ones. Maybe these?
http://glf.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p1234193dt.jpg

Putter
http://www.rockbottomimages.com/images/never_golfclub-img.gif

nolanfan34
02-16-2005, 04:02 PM
I just can't get myself to take Nike clubs seriously. I don't know why.

HDPM
02-16-2005, 04:04 PM
I have a NIke driver and sort of like it. I like the set up and hit it straight. But you are right, I can barely take my own driver seriously and have thought of replacing it. I like my cleveland 3 wood a lot. For whatever reason I have not found a taylor made or titleist driver I hit as well as the nike. But what's the difference. I can hit any club in the bag 175. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

mmbt0ne
02-16-2005, 04:06 PM
I really like the driver, and plan on trying out the irons next time I'm at home. A friend of ours runs a golf shop, so I used to spend hours in there just hitting all the different clubs. Unfortunately I haven't played much lately, but hopefully I can get back around to it here soon.

I mean hell, I used to live on a golf course, and we have memberships at 6 or 7 clubs around Atlanta, so there's no excuse not to be playing.

Rushmore
02-16-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From the gay hybrid club thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, man--I AM NOT GAY!! I just, you know, I guess I was just, like, curious.

Anyway, to go along with my new gay hybrid Nike 18*, I carry Taylor Made Burners (I have never owned a titanium OR an oversized driver), Ping Eye 3 irons, an older Calloway putter that I am deadly with, and, believe it or not--an old Hogan one iron.

And I am NOT GAY. I am an artist, and, as such, wish to experience the entire spectrum of, uh, experiences.

GOLF experiences, I mean. GOLF experiences.

offTopic
02-16-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From the gay hybrid club thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, man--I AM NOT GAY!! I just, you know, I guess I was just, like, curious.

Anyway, to go along with my new gay hybrid Nike 18*, I carry Taylor Made Burners (I have never owned a titanium OR an oversized driver), Ping Eye 3 irons, an older Calloway putter that I am deadly with, and, believe it or not--an old Hogan one iron.

And I am NOT GAY. I am an artist, and, as such, wish to experience the entire spectrum of, uh, experiences.

GOLF experiences, I mean. GOLF experiences.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might not have tried an oversized (well, mid-sized by today's standards) either, except for reading the Frank Thomas article in Golf Digest about how many of the newer clubs perform better with the newer ball technology.

Admittedly, this may be pure bunk, but I was able to track down an R360XD on ebay for a little over $100, and I've been quite happy with the results to date.

doughhater
02-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Driver: Titleist 983K, 7.5 loft, Fujikura Speeder shaft
3 Wood: Sonartec 14 degree loft, Aldila NV shaft
Taylormade 19 degree rescue mid
3-PW: Titliest 731 PM Irons w/ 7.5 rifle shafts
54 and 60 degree Vokey raw grind wedges
Flatstix A-Frame puter

All my stuff is pretty custom as I'm a bit of an equipment junkie, although I haven't changed any of the clubs since last summer.

woodguy
02-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Driver = Taylor Made 320 stiff graphite
3W-5W = Taylor Made 300 series stiff grafite
3I-PW,GP - Tommy Armou 825 metal shaft
SW = Clevland 58o
Putter = Taylor Made

nolanfan34
02-16-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 Wood: Sonartec 14 degree loft, Aldila NV shaft

[/ QUOTE ]

Heard this is the hot new club on tour, you like it?

on_thg
02-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Driver: TaylorMade R580 10.5 degree, S flex
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 14 degree, S flex
Irons: Ping Eye 2, 1-SW (have to leave something out to hit the 14 club limit, usually the 2 iron)
Extra Wedge: Titleist 60 degree
Putter: Either a Ping or a custom job depending on how fast the greens are and how horribly I'm putting.
Ball: Pro V1 or whatever

I'm in the market for a good 3, 4 or 5 wood -- it's not really necessary for the course I usually play, since I can hit driver off the deck or the hybrid, but it'd be nice to have one for travelling. I may need to get another gay hybrid and just ditch the long irons, too.

If you're looking for a driver, the R500 series are now pretty cheap ($180-200 new) b/c they're two years into their life cycle. I tossed aside a Titleist 975 and haven't regretted it for a second.

eric5148
02-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Driver: Snake Eyes Compressor 400cc (but I going to get the 450cc model that just came out) with a Harrison Striper J shaft, which I don't like.

3 wood: 15* Slazenger with UST IROD shaft. I keep switching between this and a 15* Cleveland Quadpro, I can't decide which is better.

Gay hybrid club: Cobra Baffler 20* with UST IROD shaft.

Irons: Cleveland TA5 gunmetal 3-iron, Tom Wishon 752TC 4-PW. True Temper TX Tour stiff shafts.

Wedges: Cleveland 900 form forged gunmetal 54* and 60* low bounce. Best. Wedges. Ever.

Putter: Snake Eyes MCS2 (cavity-blade style).

Ball: V1. What else?

offTopic
02-16-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Wedges: Cleveland 900 form forged gunmetal 54* and 60* low bounce. Best. Wedges. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a marked difference between the 900s and the 580s? Feel? Distance?

M2d
02-16-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ball: V1. What else?

[/ QUOTE ]
HX Tour

eric5148
02-16-2005, 06:19 PM
They're not much different. I got the 900s because the soles looked a little more narrow, which makes it easier to open the face for flop shots.

I want to try the new CG10s (http://www.clevelandgolf.com/proshop/wedges/cg10_black_pearl.php), though.

doughhater
02-16-2005, 06:27 PM
The sonartec is easily the best 3 wood I have ever hit, although being left handed has severly hampered my ability to experiment with new clubs. The only problem you may experience with the sonartec is the fact that it's geared more towards the better player. Typically you will want one with more loft than you are used to as they produce a lower, more boring trajectory.

Gamblor
02-16-2005, 07:14 PM
i don't mean to rip on all you nike club owners, but every golf-store guy i've spoken to basically says they're [censored].

Two choice tidbits:
The slingshots are for people who couldn't hit the ball with a hockey stick.

We've sent back a dozen sets because the 9 iron and wedge were the same lie.

edtost
02-16-2005, 07:49 PM
titleist 983k 9.5d, prolite 3.5s
cleveland 15d launcher, stiff stock graphite
cleveland 21d quadpro, stiff bimatrix OR titleist dci 2 iron, stiff steel
mizuno mp-33 blades, stiff steel
cleveland 54d and 60d wedges, i think they're 588's, one is black, one rusted