PDA

View Full Version : Strategy for 6 man NL tourney

mojo
02-16-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm playing with some friends this weekend in a NL Tourney. There will be only 6 of us. Small stakes game--> $10 buy-in with .10-.20 blinds that double every 30 minutes. My question: what strategy do I want to follow here? I'm probably the best player and have been working on being more aggressive (used to be too passive). Most of these players will be loose (3 passive, 2 aggressive, and me). Which is more appropriate: SSH strategy (even though it's a tourney and no limit), HOH (even though these players aren't very good and it's only 6 players), or 6 max strategy (which I could use a good noobie link to)? Any help is greatly appreciated.

lorinda
02-16-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm probably the best player

Be honest with yourself.

If this is assessment is correct, avoid slight +ve hands and wait for better shots.

Lori

mojo
02-16-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm not saying I'm a great player, just that I'm more aggressive than the other players and I have a better sense of opening hand values. There's not a lot of preflop raising unless someone has a great hand-how do I take advantage of this? Also, I'm afraid that if I follow HOH then I'll be too tight and miss the chance to win some monster pots.

curtains
02-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Sometimes the thing that can make someone the best player is that they get a lot of slight +ev situations over the other players.

lorinda
02-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Curtains is right.

It seems you understand the texture of the game, so the best advice might well be "be yourself".

Trying to force yourself to play differently might actually lower your chances of winning.

Lori