PDA

View Full Version : Book recomendations- How to play draws

cookieb
02-16-2005, 02:38 PM
I have found this to be the biggest hole in my game, was wondering if anyone could suggest books or sections of paricular books that they found helpful on this subject.

Not so much when the pot odds are correct to play, but when to bet out, be aggressive, take the free card etc.

Thanks

BradleyT
02-16-2005, 02:52 PM
The pot odds often dictate whether you should bet, be aggressive, take a free card, etc.

But SSH has great info on this, Theory of Poker does too and I'm pretty sure HFAP does also.

jojobinks
02-16-2005, 03:39 PM
limit or NL? tourny or cash?

it depends.

cookieb
02-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Sorry, shpould have been more specific, NL mostly in tourneys

jojobinks
02-16-2005, 11:45 PM
HOH

JohnG
02-17-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, shpould have been more specific, NL mostly in tourneys

[/ QUOTE ]

Be aggressive in shorthanded pots when your opponent/s can easily be weak. With the nut flush draw, be inclined to just call a bet if you can get more callers behind you, or have multiple callers in front.

Be aggressive with big draws, especially when the flush draw is not to the nut flush.

Don't know any books. Probably the 2 Ciaffone ones are best for this. 'Pot and no limit poker' has some general stuff on playing draws. Not sure about 'improve your poker'. I think it will probably have something. I'd get those 2. Maybe 'theory of poker' will have something useful. I don't think any other poker book will be useful for you on this subject.