PDA

View Full Version : Can I post one for humor's sake

meanjean
02-16-2005, 02:19 PM
both SB and button had been calling down everybody so I went for a check raise on the turn was quite shocked when when nobody bet behind me...but like they were going to fold behind me anyway

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 3c 3h (straight, six high).
UTG+1 doesn't show.
Hero has Js Jc (one pair, jacks).
Button has 3d 3s (straight, six high).
Outcome: Button wins

4.75 BB. SB wins 4.75 BB. </font>

Harv72b
02-16-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
both SB and button had been calling down everybody so I went for a check raise on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

meanjean
02-16-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
both SB and button had been calling down everybody so I went for a check raise on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

poor wording...BB called down my AK and when I checked the turn unimproved, he bet with nothing...my bad

lmbree
02-16-2005, 02:31 PM
that flop seems too coordinated for me to try the checkraise. I bet that out... and lose an extra bet. I'm interested to see what other people say.

Harv72b
02-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Fair enough, but I think Imbree nailed this one already. With two clubs on the board &amp; your JJ vulnerable to any other A, K, or Q, you just can't risk giving the free card there.

And while yes, your opponents would probably have called 1 BB with their OESDs anyway, this is still a value/protection bet that needs to be made.

bakku
02-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Not to be an ass, but where's the humor?

Also, you gotta bet the turn.

meanjean
02-16-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that flop seems too coordinated for me to try the checkraise. I bet that out... and lose an extra bet. I'm interested to see what other people say.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the point I thought...maybe I'm dead wrong but I was trying to make at least one person pay double to go for a flush or a straight draw. To me that is much better than having the CO get 7.5 to 1, the button get 8.5 to 1, and the SB get 9.5 to 1. I went on a read that the button would bet anything at that point cause he did before. I was wrong.

Demana
02-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Since both the button and SB had a pair of threes for the six high straight, shouldn't it have been chopped?

syphlix
02-16-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since both the button and SB had a pair of threes for the six high straight, shouldn't it have been chopped?

[/ QUOTE ]

they did

[ QUOTE ]
Outcome: Button wins

4.75 BB. SB wins 4.75 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerBob
02-16-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
both SB and button had been calling down everybody so I went for a check raise on the turn was quite shocked when when nobody bet behind me...but like they were going to fold behind me anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

I they had been CALLING, what made you think they would BET??? IMO you played this horribly.

meanjean
02-16-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I they had been CALLING, what made you think they would BET??? IMO you played this horribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

poor wording...BB called down my AK and when I checked the turn unimproved, he bet with nothing...my bad