PDA

View Full Version : Another Big Slick, am I taking these too far....

MyssGuy
02-16-2005, 12:32 PM
UTG+1 is a fish with a 50%+ VP$IP...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero ...

I lead out on the flop (first mistake??) with a gut-shot and two overs. Miss on the turn, which puts a possible straight out there. How should I handle the turn???

spydog
02-16-2005, 12:40 PM
I bet this flop. You can't check-fold and check-calling doesn't give you the opportunity to pick up the pot on the flop.

Check-fold the turn.

jailhousejoe
02-16-2005, 12:44 PM
I'd fold the turn in that exact situation.

I'd rather bet out on the turn, and fold to a raise tho.

nothing wrong with PF or on the flop imho.

Bottom line: poor position, small pot, 2 clean outs.

Sadat X
02-16-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check-fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of weak-tight thinking is what makes 3/6 so profitable.

Take a good look at the board and you'll realize this is an easy bet on the turn. The board is double-suited with JT9 making three cards to a straight. You have only 2 callers, likely to be drawing, and unless one has exactly 87 or KQ, they havent made it yet.

Neither opponent showed any aggression on the flop, indicating a made hand - I'd say there's a good chance you hold the best hand - failing that, at least 20% pot equity.

I bet the turn and the river unimproved and hope for no showdown.

Fat Nicky
02-16-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This type of weak-tight thinking is what makes 3/6 so profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the least of what makes 3/6 on party profitable.

Also, I don't think folding is a mistake. I don't think Hero has the best hand in this pot enough times to make a bet profitable.

pshabi
02-16-2005, 03:46 PM
I can't agree with you here.

On the turn, what's keeping me from thinking UTG+1 has KQ? How about A10 or any other multitude of hands a dipshit would play EP? It wouldn't be too hard to imagine A10 with no raise on the flop. People make this play all the time.

Let's forget about putting him on a hand. Bottom line, if you play AK that aggressively out of position and you bet the turn, and the river unimproved, you'll get called down with 77 more than you want to.

After 10k hands, that little number that says "net won" under your AK in pokertracker will be in Red.

Fold the turn in this situation.

ThePenguin
02-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Betting the flop is correct. At first I would have advocated betting out the turn and checking the river if you are unimproved, but I'm having second thoughts. To river a K could prove expensive if either of your opponents hold a Q, plus in my opinion, someone already holds a pair, and will not be induced to fold. There are two flush draws that must be taken into consideration as well. The pot isn't very big, so maybe you should just say goodbye to the $9 you put in there and get out

I usually play AK aggressively to the river, but in this case, i think check folding the turn is the correct play

PhatPots
02-16-2005, 05:46 PM
I like your flop bet. Sometimes you can pick up the pot right there. I would always lead out on the flop. Since they both called you, you have to begin thinking of check/folding the turn. If one of them had folded and one had called then I might still be the turn.

Cheers,
Pots

Ice
02-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Sadat

You nailed the answer. Well done sir. Ice

BreakEvenPlayer
02-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Bet the turn and river. Fold to raises.

If some f[/i]uckstick wants to call you down with pocket sevens so be it. The K outs are essentially garbage so we are down to seven outs but do we have to make our hand??? Any random hand like Q7H or 76C, other variations of Q's or 8's and suited cards will try and catch a river. I also consider any non heart or club river below 6 as a quasi-out because the chance that these dudes are on pure draws is staggering. Sometimes they'll both fold to the turn bet. If you get called down and lose to someone's pocket 5's, guess what? When you flop a set with Queens eight hands down the road one of these fish is going to make a play at you that will net you at least 2 BB.

deadmunny
02-16-2005, 08:00 PM
You HAVE to bet the Turn more often than not you will take it down here.

Regards D

ScottTheFish
02-16-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You HAVE to bet the Turn more often than not you will take it down here.
Regards D

[/ QUOTE ]

Against 2 players with tons of draws on the board?

deadmunny
02-16-2005, 08:23 PM
IMHO, of course the BB is where you get your laydowns and at the end of the day, there are not gonna be 4 cards in the middle very often that DONT have tons of draws,

But thats just my opinion..... Now UI the river is a different story...... especially if you still have your 2 players with you.

Regards D

Clarkmeister
02-17-2005, 01:24 AM
Bet the turn, you are losing to a small pair a decent amount of the time, but you also have 7-10 outs when you are. Once you check and the 50% VPIP guy who didn't have enough to raise the flop bets, you need to checkraise to get the BB out and get it headsup with the possible worst hand, maximize your outs sometimes, and get a small pair to fold on your lucky days. There are 5.5BBs in the pot, you don't fold here to a guy who has done nothing preflop, nothing on the flop, and merely bet when checked to on the turn. Why are you afraid of his hand?