PDA

View Full Version : Time to review some hands.....Big Slick misses...

MyssGuy
02-16-2005, 12:27 PM
No read on MP3

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ....</font>

My thoughts, I'm trying to play overcards better. I raised on the flop, thinking that I may be ahead in a rainbow rag flop, thus the raise. When checked to on the turn, do I bet thinking I'm still ahead or check and bet a rag/AK on the river???

spydog
02-16-2005, 12:30 PM
This is a decent flop for AK. Since it is HU, I bet away on the turn and check behind on the river unimproved. If he shows any resistance on the turn or bets the river, I fold.

meanjean
02-16-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No read on MP3

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ....</font>

My thoughts, I'm trying to play overcards better. I raised on the flop, thinking that I may be ahead in a rainbow rag flop, thus the raise. When checked to on the turn, do I bet thinking I'm still ahead or check and bet a rag/AK on the river???

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, is there a 20% chance mp3 will fold? If so I say bet and check behind unimproved. But you should probably subtract the chance of a checkraise from that. Then you should probably consider that he liked his hand enough to bet once so why would he throw it away now? then again, I would say the flop raise was for a free card...why not take it.

Fat Nicky
02-16-2005, 12:48 PM
There is no shame in checking the turn without a read on the villain. The only problem with this is that you probably have to call a river bet no matter what card falls.

spydog
02-16-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no shame in checking the turn without a read on the villain. The only problem with this is that you probably have to call a river bet no matter what card falls.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are planning on calling the river bet, why not bet the turn? He may give up overcards. You make him pay when he has an OESD. Plus, it's pretty easy to give this one up to a turn CR.

Fat Nicky
02-16-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are planning on calling the river bet, why not bet the turn? He may give up overcards. You make him pay when he has an OESD. Plus, it's pretty easy to give this one up to a turn CR.

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that you raised pre-flop and the villain bet into you on the flop deter's me from betting the turn as I'd rather take a free card since it's likely villain will call the turn bet. I also think there's a good chance villain will check behind on the river which will be good if hero doesn't make a pair.

MyssGuy
02-16-2005, 01:21 PM
I bet the turn and MP3 just calls. River is a 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, putting two pair on the board. MP3 checks, I decide to check this river. My thinking is that he's called me down this far, he's got to have some kind of hand. I show Big Slick he shows

<font color="white"> KK </font>

results in white

syphlix
02-16-2005, 01:48 PM
what a wussy opponent lol

i woulda prob bet the turn hoping for a free showdown...

MyssGuy
02-16-2005, 02:15 PM
I almost thanked him for not betting out on the river...would have called with the two pair board, A kicker....