PDA

View Full Version : This is why I hate politicians

Toro
02-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Sportswise, it couldn't be better here in Massachusetts for obvious reasons. But Mayor Menino, put a sock in it. You got one team you can boast about and that's the Red Sox. The Patriots, no way! They play 35 miles away in Foxborough.

And not by choice. They wanted to build a stadium in your fair City but all you did was throw road blocks in front of them. So quit taking credit for them. They are the New England Patriots now, have been for some time. This is why I hate politicians, the self serving bastards. Let em have it Brockton!

Boston Herald story follows:

Cities slug it out over `Champions' moniker
By Laura Crimaldi
Wednesday, February 16, 2005

It may not be Athens vs. Sparta, but the Shoe City of the World wants the Hub to get it straight: Brockton is the original ``City of Champions.''

Hoping to awaken Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino from ``fantasizing'' that the New England Patriots make the Hub the ``City of Champions,'' the Brockton City Council passed a resolution this week reaffirming the championship name they took during the early 1980s.

``A peace offering to Mayor Menino - `Title Town' is a great nickname,'' said Brockton city councilor Thomas Brophy, who penned the resolve praising Brockton boxing heroes Rocky Marciano and Marvin Hagler while taking light-hearted jabs at Menino.

Firing back, Menino's spokesman Seth Gitell said, ``With all due respect to the Shoe City of the World, Boston is home to Fenway Park, the storied place where the Red Sox play and to the East Boston Jets, high-school Super Bowl champions.''

istewart
02-16-2005, 12:13 PM
If this is the only reason to hate politicians I'd say we're in pretty good shape as a country. Boston is the American symbol of New England; when people think Patriots they think Boston. Let em do what they want.

syka16
02-16-2005, 12:19 PM
I thought you were going to post about how you're brother died in Iraq.

Toro
02-16-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If this is the only reason to hate politicians I'd say we're in pretty good shape as a country. Boston is the American symbol of New England; when people think Patriots they think Boston. Let em do what they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course there are other reasons to hate politicians but this is the reason du jour since it was in todays paper. I don't know if you're from this area and are aware of what an obstructionist Menino was to the Kraft family trying to get a stadium built in Boston.

Now him trying to jump on their coattails is the height of hypocrisy. Just pissses me off.

istewart
02-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Good points.

How's the Big Dig coming along? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Toro
02-16-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you were going to post about how you're brother died in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I shouldn't let such trivial things upset me so much.

Toro
02-16-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good points.

How's the Big Dig coming along? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The Big Dig is an engineering marvel. Where else in the World can you get your car washed free while you drive to work.

istewart
02-16-2005, 12:34 PM
I haven't been to Boston in probably a year. Back when I used to visit pretty frequently I always saw midgets. Does Boston have a surplus of midgets?

Toro
02-16-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been to Boston in probably a year. Back when I used to visit pretty frequently I always saw midgets. Does Boston have a surplus of midgets?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know. Daryn is really the Boston expert in this forum, better to ask him.