PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Finish Makeup

franco
02-16-2005, 11:47 AM
* Insert standard comment about small sample size...

Just started tracking my results online. I play mostly 20s on pokeroom, stars and party. I can't seem to get out of the fourth and fifth place finishes. I checked some other stats here on 2+2 and most good players have major differences between 1-3 and 4-7. Understanding the small sample, can someone give me some direction on how to improve here?
65 tournaments in january
1 - 12
2 - 8
3 - 9
4 - 9
5 - 9
6 - 2
7 - 9
8 - 5
9 - 1
10 - 1

thanks

Runner Runner
02-16-2005, 12:36 PM
When you have 10BB's or less, you should implement a push or fold strategy. With this being said, obviously you are going to have to be very liberal in what hands you push with when you have between 3 and 6 bb's and tighten up some when you have between 6 and 10 bb's. Are you taking advantage of stealing opportunities late in the tournament? When the blinds get big, taking down pots uncontested is key, so making the proper adjustments based on the stack sizes of your opponents is very important. Getting in the money should be your goal, so make sure you are stealing more then your fair share when the blinds get big. Most opponents I run into play too tight and don't steal enough at the end of tournaments when the blinds get big, this may be your problem.

franco
02-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Thanks. Major leak in not taking advantage of stealing blinds late in the game.

AtticusFinch
02-16-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
can someone give me some direction on how to improve here?
65 tournaments in january

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a 44% ITM rate and over a 37% ROI over these 65 tourneys. These are excellent results no matter what level you are playing at, and you should be very pleased with them. Just from looking at your finish stats, I can't ascertain that you are doing anything wrong at all.