PDA

View Full Version : Something called Power Poker System

Noen
02-16-2005, 11:43 AM
I stubled upon an Internet site called Win On Poker. They sell some kind of book or "manual" as they say, on how to win poker games, especially Sit'n Go Tourneys. Among the authors are poker "big shots" like Jessie May, Scott Gray and Julian Gardner. As I am trying to pick up tips anywhere I can, I am interested in reading this "manual." But it is quite expensive, and offers like that rarely live up to expectations or advertising. Anyone know this system, having any comments? Is it worth 100 $ +???

daveymck
02-16-2005, 01:36 PM
It was discussed on the Hendon Mob site a while back and the concensus was that it probably wasnt worth the money.

Someone had seen it and its not a very big document, I suspect investing in $100 of other books might be better value.

Heres a link to the discussion

Hendon Mob site (http://www.thehendonmob.com/MobForum/read.php?f=1&i=38964&t=38964&v=t)

Noen
02-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Thx. This is very useful for me. Someone else having opinions/experiences?

daveymck
04-19-2005, 06:40 AM
For info this book has now been reviewed on www.gutshot.co.uk (http://www.gutshot.co.uk) also they have got a discount so the book is available for £47 as a ebook you can print out (or view on the screen).

Based on the positive review there and discounted price I have bought it as well, my detailed slightly less positive review is on my blog.

My Blog (http://daveymck.blogspot.com)

I have no links to the gutshot (apart form posting there as well) or to the power poker system.

Crix
04-19-2005, 03:10 PM
I got a copy from a friend and although I found it interesting, I would say it's not worth anything near the asking price.

It's laid out as an A4(8 1/2X11) ring binder manual and sets out their guidelines on how to play online multi-table tournamnets. This is done through a limited number of instructional pages followed by the hand history of and online tournament. Each hand is then analysed by the authors explaining why it was played the way it was.

For the complete novice, it would introduce a more aggressive style than they would be used to. In fact a novice may find themselves being a bit too aggressive in the wrong spots with this manual, as it leaves a lot of hands out in between the ones that are played. This giving the false impression of an almost reckless style of play.

By the way, there's nothing in this one for the sit and go player at all.

daveymck
04-19-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

For the complete novice, it would introduce a more aggressive style than they would be used to. In fact a novice may find themselves being a bit too aggressive in the wrong spots with this manual, as it leaves a lot of hands out in between the ones that are played. This giving the false impression of an almost reckless style of play.

By the way, there's nothing in this one for the sit and go player at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the novice might get that impression from the hands but the text does try and hold them back and give up when faced with agression, but they do seem to leave a lot out under the banner of just start playing poker which is a bit of a cop out. I think one of the problems is they just took the one tournament as a basis of the hand histories. I think there is some merit in the structure they are advocating when mixed in with other texts. I also think the areas they get you focusing on are the right ones, there just isnt enough of the bones of it for me let alone the rest of the skeleton.

I agree on the sng the strategy I glossed over but Aleo Magus in the one table forum has a much better and more advanced guide.