PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Trip Report

KJS
09-03-2002, 04:33 AM
Vegas trip was a blast.

Met Mason, Dynasty and HDPM. All great guys. HDPM was nice enough to slum in the 6-12 with me and buddies which meant I drank a lot more and got immediate comments on all my leaks, in addition to good advice about life and marriage. Thanks HDPM.

Mirage 6-12 games good. Late night 4-8 Bellagio very very fun, especially when very inebriated and playing like Bob Morgan. Flopped a set on my 3rd lifetime straddle and won a huge pot. Saw a guy get paid 20 bucks to leave a game because he was so annoying.

Played in the Sunday NLHE tourney at Orleans. Finished 13th out of 85. Ended in an awful fashion due to not receiving any hand better than K7s after the break. Threw my last chips in blind. Had fun though.

Played 35 hours of hold 'em. Got AA twice, once in hour 33, during the NLHE tourney. Won the blinds. 2nd time I had them in a Mirage 3-6 game. Flopped a set and lost to Qh5h. The flop was Ac 7h 3c. Let's compare the flop hands: AAA73 versus Ac Qh 7h 5h 3c. Can you say backdoor flush? Oy vey! Steamed a bit but got back every penny before my flight left.

Best story hand of the trip. 4 people see the flop (me not being one): SB, UTG, EP limper and Cut-off, who raised pre-flop. Flop is Qh 2h 3c. SB bets, UTG and limper call, button raises. SB re-raises, limpers call both, button re-raises, everyone calls...

Turn board is Qh 2h 3c [9h]

SB bets, UTG calls, limper calls, button raises, everyone calls.

Final board:

Qh 2h 3c 9h [8h]

Everyone checks:

SB immediately turns over 33 for flopped set. Button can beat that: turns of QQ for higher flopped set. Oh wait: here is limper turning over 3h4h for a flush! Not so fast: UTG says "5 High" and rolls over 5h 5c for the winner---a flush playing the 5! What a game!

Aside from poker I did a lot of things I can't talk about here. You never know when my poker playing fiancee might take up reading 2+2.

KJS

HDPM
09-03-2002, 09:21 AM
"Aside from poker I did a lot of things I can't talk about here. You never know when my poker playing fiancee might take up reading 2+2."
Good strategy here. But if you are caught doing anything that can get you in trouble, deny to the bitter end. If she catches you, simply ask who she believes, you or her lying eyes? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

ohkanada
09-03-2002, 10:16 AM
Sounds like fun! And congrats on the impending marriage.

Ken Poklitar