PDA

View Full Version : OK, I See Now, LOL OMG

09-03-2002, 03:47 AM
It seems that somehow the new software pulls up the entire old thread if there is a response at any future time. So the thread where I assumed someone had usurped my user name was just a reposting of old posts (as I recalled from the specific posts when I actually started reading it).

Hail to confusion! Well, temporary confusion, anyway:) I was feeling nearly ready to do someone bodily harm until I started reading and recognized my own posts--too much caffeine today I guess, and I just got done with some very blood-pressure-raising duels in Diablo2 Lord of Destruction;-)...the toughest one was vs. an Amazon who had maximum attack speed, maximum evasive skills, full damage reduction gear and high life leech. It's spine-tingling, blood-curdling, and it raises your blood pressure. The sudden screen change and message that you have died is never pleasant.

John Feeney
09-03-2002, 03:58 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
somehow the new software pulls up the entire old thread if there is a response at any future time.

[/ QUOTE ]

M -- I don't see any post from '02 except your reply to your old self /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif What gives?

MMMMMM
09-03-2002, 04:56 AM
Hi John,
In the thread Natural Capitalism:(etc.) by Ed I., there is a response by Ray Zee to a post by John Ho. The post by John Ho is 9/01/01, the response by Ray Zee is a year and a day later: 9/02/02. I'm not sure why or how the software is resurrecting old posts and threads like this (perhaps it is a built-in feature but there may be a few tricks to be aware of in using it). I initially could not use my old handle (all handles must now be from 3-16 characters in length), and then a few hours later when I looked at Ed I.'s thread at the top of the OT Forum listings, I saw numerous postings by "M" in that thread. I didn't realize it was a resurrection of an old thread combined with a new response--I mistakenly assumed that all the posts were current--which led me to the incorrect conclusion that someone had somehow usurped my username.

MMMMMM
09-03-2002, 06:17 AM
No, you're right, John, I misread the date on Ray's post---but that still doesn't explain why this Ed I. thread was sitting at up the top of the OT Forum. I never would have expected a year-old thread to be up with the new stuff and I still don't know why it was there--I didn't pull up any archived material, I just responded hastily to what I believed had to be an impostor (at first glance) in was naturally assumed to be a new thread.

John Feeney
09-03-2002, 03:04 PM
And now the thread seems to have disappeared again. Strange. Well, I guess they may need to iron out a few bugs in the new software. But you get credit for having spotted the weirdest one /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

John Feeney
09-03-2002, 03:12 PM
Heh, I just found the thread. It's the very last thread in "descending date" order. And it looks like Baltimore Ron posted in it today. Yet when you click his name he's 'no longer registered' or whatever the phrase is. Go figure. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif