PDA

View Full Version : AJo becomes passive and calls down

molawn2mo
02-16-2005, 06:56 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Assessing my performance with various posts today. Thanks for your comments.

Button is SL-P
MP3 has not distinguished himself positively or negatively.

Anyone give this up? Where? Why?

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (9.66 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 11.66 BB

Brainwalter
02-16-2005, 08:06 AM
Unless villain is overly passive postflop (pretty massively) I 3-bet the flop pretty much every time. If I just called the flop, and wasn't already planning to check-raise the turn, that card might convince me to.

spydog
02-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Usually a SL-P will on raise the flop with top pair or better, especially after coldcalling your PFR. With AK or AQ, I 3-bet against this player. With AJ, I think it's OK to call down when you have MP3 in there subsudizing the pot.

jailhousejoe
02-16-2005, 09:35 AM
This is the problem with AJo in EP.

I'm check/calling the flop with the intention of raising the turn unless a danger card falls. That A on the turn i dont like. I'm drawing to 2 outs against AK, AQ, AT, TT, and 44, and I dont like the flush draw. I have very few ways to improve my hand safely (Jacks make straights and flushes, and only one Ace left potentially), so I'm classing the A as a danger card and calling again on the river.

The only alternative in my mind is 3-betting the flop.

flair1239
02-16-2005, 09:58 AM
I think you should three-bet the flop. Reason being, pushing out MP3 would be good. Also it would probably be a value raise. The other consideration is that we could gain some further information on his hand.

I think the rest of the hand plays easier after a flop raise. If you 3-bet and he caps , I would lead the turn and then call down from there if raised.

Don't let all the goofy [censored] you see make you passive. I was reviewing my hands last night. I am running pretty flat over my last 10,000 hands. Have suffered a lot of bad beats. But the thing that stuck out in my hand reviews, is that I am leaving a lot of money on the table, because I am expecting to lose.

Make them prove to you that you are beat, before you go passive. Force them to either fold, or overplay their hand. But don't hurt yourself by underplaying your own hand.

molawn2mo
02-16-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should three-bet the flop. Reason being, pushing out MP3 would be good. Also it would probably be a value raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh?

Aren't your last two sentences contradictory and/or mutually exclusive?

molawn2mo
02-16-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless villain is overly passive postflop (pretty massively) I 3-bet the flop pretty much every time. If I just called the flop, and wasn't already planning to check-raise the turn, that card might convince me to.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean to tell me that you feel that you are ahead after being called and raised on the flop?

molawn2mo
02-16-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Usually a SL-P will on raise the flop with top pair or better, especially after coldcalling your PFR. With AK or AQ, I 3-bet against this player. With AJ, I think it's OK to call down when you have MP3 in there subsudizing the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect that you were saying the SL-P "will raise"... in your, above, reply to me. That said, and I think that I agree with your inference in this case at hand, that I am ripe for both being dominated and reverse dominated in this hand. This is exactly how I saw it and felt it but what to do?

Calling down felt icky.

Folding the turn, pathetically weak.

3 betting the flop and then what?

My read said I was behind and I think I should have gone with that and check fold the turn.

OK pound on me, bruthas!