PDA

View Full Version : not being able to play enough hands in a day...

johnnybeef
02-16-2005, 05:33 AM
im curious. maybe its due to the fact that i have only been relying on poker for money for about 6 months, but i am constantly reading posts on this sight from people who "have trouble" getting enough hands in in a day. my problem is quite the opposite. i am having problems managing my time as now that i need to get hands in to pay bills, it is something that i have to do. the problem i have is stopping. take today for example. i found myself mutlitabling sngs for about 10 hrs. consider that today was almost 70 degrees in central ohio and i could have been outside golfing, running errands or even doing hw (which i put off until tomorrow) but i chose to play poker all day. im just curious if this will wear off or if maybe there are too many posters here who dont have the passion for the game that i do and consequently probably should go back to their dayjobs???

mantasm
02-16-2005, 05:40 AM
it gets old.

eric5148
02-16-2005, 05:47 AM
The more you play, the more money you make. If you're more motivated to make money than most other people, there's nothing wrong with that.

Today, I played 900 hands of poker 3-tabling. Then did 6 hours of research on the Academy Award nominees and this weeks PGA tour event so I can make money betting on them. It was a typical day.

edfurlong
02-16-2005, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Consider that today was almost 70 degrees in central ohio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bastard.

johnnybeef
02-16-2005, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Consider that today was almost 70 degrees in central ohio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]

its supposed to snow tomorrow, whos the bastard now???

jailhousejoe
02-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Ahh.. the short-sighted statements of youth.. I must be getting old to notice this kind of stuff.

It might be, young JohnnyBeef, that other players have more in their lives than just homework and money to worry about. Maybe wives/husbands demanding time.. Children that need picking up from school, and taking to football practice afterwards.. then theres the meals to cook, and the washing to do for the next day.. then you gotta get up early and take em to school the next day.. go do the shopping, pay the bills, elderly relatives to look after, etc etc etc etc.

Its amazing how little time there is in a day when you have a few dependants.

Do these people lack passion for the game? no. Do they have a sense of responsibility and _more_ passion for their family than poker? yes. Does this mean they should go back to their dayjobs? maybe.. if they need to spend more time playing poker to make the money than they do in their dayjob.

Then again.. I know people that work an 80 hour week and dont make as much money as some of us can in 20 hours at the table..

SinCityGuy
02-16-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im just curious if this will wear off or if maybe there are too many posters here who dont have the passion for the game that i do and consequently probably should go back to their dayjobs???

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some people who can't work unless they have someone telling them what to do.