PDA

View Full Version : All Right You Bastard Impostor Give Me Back My Handle "M"

09-03-2002, 03:12 AM
I had a passworded handle on the previous forum: "M." Now someone has deliberately assumed it under the new software. This was a PASSWORDED handle on the old forum software. John Cole and others who know me: I DID NOT post A SINGLE post in Ed I's thread below--it is all the work of this impostor.
Mason and Mat: I just emailed you about this. I'm afraid that unless you find a way to correct this and prevent further such abuses, you are likely to find that someone will maliciously apopropriate other old regular posters' handles too, probably by the simple expedient of merely registering the handle before the rightful user himself manages to step forward to do so. There needs to be a facility to continue the password-protection feature during the transition.
To the jerk who did this: Undo it now. You really don't want to mess with me.

09-03-2002, 03:26 AM
It seems someone is putting up old posts from a year ago. I saw someone posting as "M" and assumed it was an impostor, but now after reading some of the posts I believe it is probably just a reposting of an old thread. Well, thanks for the confusion, and I guess I've sworn at myself before too;-)...but WHY is there a year-old thread at the top of the forum?

09-03-2002, 03:27 AM
It seems someone is putting up old posts from a year ago. I saw someone posting as "M" and assumed it was an impostor, but now after reading some of the posts I believe it is probably just a reposting of an old thread. Well, thanks for the confusion, and I guess I've sworn at myself before too;-)...but WHY is there a year-old thread at the top of the forum?

John Cole
09-04-2002, 12:25 AM
M,

I just read the email you sent, but I hadn't checked in all day, so I had no idea what was going on. Glad to see confusion reigns.

Now, about weirdness. About a year ago I posted something, and the post was dated some time in 1969. No other post in the thread had the wrong date or time.

John

John Feeney
09-04-2002, 02:51 AM
So John, was it a post about Woodstock or something? /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif