PDA

View Full Version : Form preference: descending date X ascending date?

John Feeney
09-03-2002, 02:30 AM
I have a feeling this isn't possible /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif , but I'd like to set my preferences to show the most recent post at the <font color="blue"> top </font color> of the page, then show posts descending from first to most recent in the thread <font color="orange"> under each post </font color>. I think this would be the same as <font color="purple"> "mixed threaded" </font color> in the old software. Not possible? I suppose I could just pick <font color="#666666"> "ascending date" </font color> and jump to the last page when I first go to a forum, but does anyone know if I'm missing anything? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Otherwise, nice change. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

nef
09-03-2002, 06:04 PM
the descending date feature does this, however the dates that are ordered are the date of the original thread, not of the latest response.

09-03-2002, 07:06 PM
Well, from what I've seen so far "descending date" does order the lead posts, but the responses in a thread will also be descending with most recent posts coming in at the top, as they will be with "ascending date" as well. But it sounds like they're looking into it.

Sredni Vashtar
09-04-2002, 12:34 AM
Holy smoly, Sredni Vashtar may favour you, but he sure the heck isn't going to bogged down in this mire to help you with trivialties of the site. But he wishes you well /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

SV.

John Feeney
09-04-2002, 02:54 AM
Yeah, well holy smoly to you too, ya highfalutin fur ball. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

09-04-2002, 09:23 PM
well wee doggie, here's hoping maybe backdoor ain't far behind...