PDA

View Full Version : JJ...

thirddan
02-16-2005, 04:24 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB is 24/11 seems reasonable, hasn't gotten out of line
UTG+1 is unknown...

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ???

What am i to do?

Shillx
02-16-2005, 04:27 AM
We should be raising this turn imo.

Brad

EliteNinja
02-16-2005, 04:29 AM
Flop bet might not be a good idea here...
But since you did and got raised the pot is large enough for you to call the Turn twice...

Raising the turn should be standard here.

You should call the River bet for sure.

How would you guys deal with the flop and turn?

synbad13
02-16-2005, 05:39 AM
Although you may be beat *definately possible on this flop* you are going to call his raise on the turn and call his bet on the river. Your hand is good... he coule easily have 2 pair.

private joker
02-16-2005, 06:43 AM
I check this flop. You're in position and would hate to be check-raised. Also, anybody who is behind to you right now is drawing nearly dead -- if they have undercards, they're in deep sh[/i]it. If they have a J, they're drawing to the same T you are, and thus you're free-rolling. If they have a pocket pair, they're drawing to 2 outs. Anyone with a T is looking for a Jack to beat you, but you have 2 of those little bastards in your hand, so they have only 2 outs as well.

All that said, check this flop and see what happens. If a brick falls and they bet, I'd probably fold. If a T comes, life is good. But since a J came, I'd be cautious. You played it fine except you didn't pair the board on the river. Bad move.

As for calling this river, I highly doubt you're good 1 in 12 times here. This dude check-raises with a T almost all the time. And UTG+1 might have a T as well, having smooth-called the turn to keep you around. After you call this river, he could raise. So I'd probably cry and fold this.

But yeah -- my only solid advice here is check the flop.

EDIT: I'm now thinking maybe 1 in 12 is enough to justify a river call. But I would still cry.

jailhousejoe
02-16-2005, 06:53 AM
I'd check/call on the flop, and when the Jack hit the turn i'd check/call it down. Given BB's stats, his play could very well be AT, though I'm not rulling out AK, AQ, or AJ, and with 2 flush cards on the board, I'm looking to dodge around 18 cards that could very well lose me the hand (10 spades, 2 Kings, 3 Queens, 3 Aces).