PDA

View Full Version : River Check Raise

fsuplayer
02-16-2005, 01:13 AM
online 30-60

the hand preceding this I open raised with 1010c and bet the whole way on a monotone ace high club board and caught my winning club on the river and was called.

I would say my image at this point is on the loosish side of TAG, as the game has been weak passive, and I have been attacking the blinds a lot.

i raise UTG with AcKs, MP calls (ok, took a stand againt me on a blind steal, seems decent), button who is a reg. i think, but havent played with him (just heard him mentioned as a decent player), 3 bets on the button, folded to me and I cap, MP folds after a while.

flop: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

i bet, villian calls.

turn: 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

i bet, villian raises, i call.

river:Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

i check, villian bets, I raise...

comments on all streets appreciated.

thanks,

fsuplayer

DcifrThs
02-16-2005, 01:40 AM
personally i like the check call on the turn...

good river c'r
-Barron

Nate tha' Great
02-16-2005, 01:44 AM
I don't know. I'm afraid that he's going to check behind with a lot of hands here. I'd also rather face a 2-bet than a 3-bet.

bicyclekick
02-16-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
personally i like the check call on the turn...

good river c'r
-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't.

I bet it. And I also bet the river.

flub
02-16-2005, 01:45 AM
Looks good to me. Bet the turn and river because you have a good draw and he may have a small pair which needs folding. You can't really fold to the turn raise.

On the river it seems like he either has AJs or you're ahead. I'd be afraid that he'd check behind and probably just bet out. I like the checkraise though if I was fairly certain that he would bet. You obviously would have to call a reraise and hope to split. I wouldn't cap river because the range of hands is so obvious what would he 3 bet with you could beat.

The fact that you posted this though makes me think that he had something like A6 of spades and you were drawing dead the whole way. Sometimes you just gotta pay off though.

-flub

roy_miami
02-16-2005, 02:37 AM
He should put you on exactly AK so I cant see him calling the river checkraise, he should either raise or fold.

If he reraises, you will either be tied or behind. You will have to call a 3-bet, so this will result in a loss over the long haul.

If he folds, you gain nothing.

All the times he checks through, you lose a bet.

For these reasons I think leading the river and calling a raise is the best play.

TStoneMBD
02-16-2005, 03:04 AM
villain will pay off the river checkraise with any decent holding. if villain will bet the river here more than 51% of the time then i think checkraising is correct, and i definitely think that hell bet more often than not.

a valid reason for betting the river would be because villain will raise you with a set if you bet. you then call and win the same amount that you would by checkraising, but lose less when against a made flush. however, i dont think that villain will raise the river enough with a set here, but i could very well be wrong.