PDA

View Full Version : Cool dog

Evan
02-16-2005, 01:12 AM
web page (http://sublimedirectory.com/00/dog.wmv)

istewart
02-16-2005, 01:28 AM
That is [censored] PWNAGE.

Macdaddy Warsaw
02-16-2005, 01:35 AM
It must hurt going from upright to lying down, though, wouldn't you think?

Alobar
02-16-2005, 01:45 AM
wow, that is un [censored] real.

nolanfan34
02-16-2005, 01:47 AM
Cool dog.

[tv rant]Freakin' horrible news story though. Seriously, to aspiring journalists out there, that's how NOT to do it - give away the hook that the dog has two legs IN THE TOSS TO THE STORY. That was such great material for a feature package...and they blew it.[/tv rant]

ThaSaltCracka
02-16-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[tv rant]Freakin' horrible news story though. Seriously, to aspiring journalists out there, that's how NOT to do it - give away the hook that the dog has two legs IN THE TOSS TO THE STORY. That was such great material for a feature package...and they blew it.[/tv rant]

[/ QUOTE ] what?

rusellmj
02-16-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's saying they gave it away before hand and ruined a mindblowing surprise. That was pretty awsome though.

Russ

nolanfan34
02-16-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] what?

[/ QUOTE ]

The one element you have control of as a reporter in a feature story like this is the element of surprise. When you give away the surprise in the intro/toss to the story, it's still good video, but it lacks the punch you could get by revealing the hook later.

The intro should have been generic, special dog, yada yada. Then the package starts with tight shots of the dog - dog panting, feet running, etc. Mix in some sound bites, "ive never seen a dog like this before, it's amazing," etc. THEN you reveal why the dog is so special - TWO FRIGGIN LEGS!

Anyway, I'm a TV news nit. Old habits die hard.

ThaSaltCracka
02-16-2005, 01:57 AM
doogie, calm down bro.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-16-2005, 01:59 AM
That dog would freak me the [censored] out.

nolanfan34
02-16-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
doogie, calm down bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once in a while, the old reporter in me gets riled up. You don't want to be around me when I watch KOMO or KIRO, that's for sure.

ThaSaltCracka
02-16-2005, 02:11 AM
KING is the worst.

nolanfan34
02-16-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
KING is the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by worst, you mean best, then I agree.

scrub
02-16-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cool dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my local news station growing up.

It used to blow more...

scrub

ThaSaltCracka
02-16-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
KING is the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by worst, you mean best, then I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]no, I didn't mean that.

[censored], local news blows anyways.

peachy
02-16-2005, 03:19 AM
They did like a 30 mins show on this dog sometime last yr...my old roomie ALWAYS used to watch animal planet and they aired it a few times and had the dog on some show...its the cutest thing ever!