PDA

View Full Version : Jackpot Jay's latest failure

yoadrians
02-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Unreal. The guy is spiraling downward, and I mean fast. This last column, which was published on ESPN.com this morning, is EASILY his worst one yet. Looks like his game AND his writing are going straight down the toilet.

And can someone tell me why he insists on playing Step tournaments?

And can someone tell me WHY this week's column took up five pages? And only included one poker hand he played?

Anyone else reading this guy? For me, he's like 'Tilt' ... not good, but since it's about poker, I watch ... or read. But this one wasn't even about poker. He belongs in a 12-step program or something.

Tevyee
02-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Post a link to it please. That will save me the time of googling for it! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

yoadrians
02-15-2005, 09:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lovinger/050215

Enjoy the pain that is Jackpot Jay this week.

ttleistdci
02-15-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else reading this guy? For me, he's like 'Tilt' ... not good, but since it's about poker, I watch ... or read. But this one wasn't even about poker. He belongs in a 12-step program or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

His articles have gone from mediocre to just crappy in less than a year (I guess this follows the pattern that his play has taken).

Bigdaddydvo
02-15-2005, 10:28 PM
I think a break from actually playing and rereading the 2+2 library would do him some good.

Russ McGinley
02-15-2005, 10:31 PM
He might get better just knowing 2+2 exists, since he can't get much worse.

Tevyee
02-15-2005, 10:31 PM
I can't help but feel bad for the guy. He should take some time off and just analyze his game thorougly with some help from others. I hope he doesn't kill himself because that article sure did depress the crap out of me! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Russ McGinley
02-15-2005, 10:38 PM
You better hope he doesn't kill YOU for telling him what to do! Seriously I laughed out loud at the part where he bitched about what he was supposed to do to get better. I get the feeling he's received about a million e-mails telling him "Look douche, luck is short term. You losing for 5 months straight has nothing to do with luck and everything to do with you sucking."

jacki
02-15-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a break from actually playing and rereading the 2+2 library would do him some good.

[/ QUOTE ]
That would mean he's read it. Methinks he hasn't.

Corey
02-15-2005, 11:58 PM
For a guy who constantly drops FossilMan's name, it would do him some good to follow FossilMan's path to poker knowledge.

Kevmath
02-16-2005, 12:32 AM
ESPN has decided in their infinite wisdom, and to put up a lot more hits and ads, has cut down on the length of each "page". Imagine the # of pages if they do this to Bill Simmons articles.

And again I ask why Jay plays at Captain Cook's, and try Party, Stars, UB, any other poker site and hope his "luck" changes.

Kevin...

SuitedSixes
02-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Let's hope he doesn't, because if he does he'll write about it and the whole world will know.