PDA

View Full Version : Pokerchips.com Service

tantan
02-15-2005, 08:59 PM
I played an order for 550 chips on Jan 21st and pokerchips.com still has not gotten back to me with any art design. I've called and emailed them a few times and their response is that Kim (the person in charge of the artwork) has received my art work, but has yet to start on it but she will soon. It's approaching one month. I'm anxious because only after the art work has been approved, the wait will be 12 weeks (but I'm guessing longer)

Anyone place an order around themiddle of Jan and have you heard a response yet? Thanks

TenPercenter
02-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Bottom line is, "get used to it." I've not bought from them, but I cannot count the number of times I've heard about long delays and missed deadlines with them.

NOTE: I've have also heard just as many times that it was "worth the wait!" I can attest to the quality of their chips based on samples and samples of other "clay" manufacturers. I'd recommend ASM pokerchips.com if you asked me about quality alone.

Ten

SpaceMonkey9
02-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Yes, I'm in the exact same situation. I placed my order on Jan 18th, and haven't gotten a respone yet from Kim. I was told she had a week off, then they had a convention to prep for/attend, and they're also now short staffed. So yeah, they're behind. But since I suck at graphic design, and have only concept ideas for my art, I'm stuck waiting.

I was hoping for my chips before Memorial Day. More likely to get 'em by the Fourth of July though, now.

faith
02-15-2005, 10:53 PM
I've just made my second order with them.
I miss their old Graphics designer: Sandy

I've had the same communication problems with Kim. She's even denied receiving emails.

I'd start with an email detailing your order, Kim's lack of communication, (attach your artwork, if ready) and send to your sales rep and CC Kim. Then from here on out, any email you send Kim, CC to your sales rep with a line asking the rep to follow up with Kim for you.

My sales rep at pokerchips.com is Jane. She has been prompt and thorough in all her communication with me. I live in Thailand the chips are being hand carried to me by family, so there's no time for a misprint due to poor communication.

If your sales rep doesn't facilitate your communication with the graphics Dept (Kim), ask for a new one... or cancel the order and reorder with Jane.

Hope this helps,
-faith

AZnuts
02-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Oops, didn't see this thread before posting in the other new Pokerchips.com thread.

To summarize, I ordered on Dec. 30th - art still not final and I sent the concept 95% finished. I am not happy with Kim's efforts at all and am afraid I will just settle for something after being worn down.

Therefore, I'm going to cancel until they get their house in order, or I buy some Paulsons.

ericslagle
02-16-2005, 03:39 AM
They are worth the wait if you can, but just be prepared to wait about 20 weeks. I placed an order last summer and it took over a month longer than they quoted me originally.

AZnuts
02-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Well, after TWO MONTHS since placing an order and still no final artwork, I officially canceled my order today.

They said they recently hired a new full-time graphics person, so maybe things will improve over the next few months. I was just worried I'd settle for something not fully satisfactory due to impatience.

P.S. Those new Paulsons look a LOT better in person than on the website photos. (if the inlay was the right size they would be fantastic - could even forget about the "Paulson Chips" on the mold).

TenPercenter
02-24-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

They said they recently hired a new full-time graphics person, so maybe things will improve over the next few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's even more funny. Why not improving TODAY since you hired someone?

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Those new Paulsons look a LOT better in person than on the website photos. (if the inlay was the right size they would be fantastic - could even forget about the "Paulson Chips" on the mold).

[/ QUOTE ]

Here here. I suggest EVERYONE interested in clay order these samples. Top-notch quality chips.

Ten

smoore
02-24-2005, 03:25 AM
Yeah? The new home Paulsons are that nice? Being a lazy bastard asI am will you give me the direct link to where I can order the Paulson samples? I don't even know the URL to thier official site and a simple google search turns up dice702 as the first link.

TenPercenter
02-24-2005, 04:01 AM
http://www.dice702.com/paulsonpokerchips.htm

Ten

smoore
02-24-2005, 04:45 AM
moral of the story... always trust google.

PinataUT
02-24-2005, 11:23 AM
I grabbed 2 sets of samples.

Should be interesting to see what they look like.

I'd have grabbed a stack of 25 if I could have seen how to do that.

Also: notice the plummet on the bc on 5stardeal.com $.69 and dropping as they clear them out.

jojobinks
02-24-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also: notice the plummet on the bc on 5stardeal.com $.69 and dropping as they clear them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

bc? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MeridianFC
02-24-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I played an order for 550 chips on Jan 21st and pokerchips.com still has not gotten back to me with any art design. I've called and emailed them a few times and their response is that Kim <snip>

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no excuse for not getting back to you. That said I don't think folks realize how long it takes to put together good artwork, even for something as small as a chip insert. If you're not providing anything other than ideas, that is you aren't giving them art elements or finished art to be transferred to their native graphics program, it's going to take a while. If you're wanting them to wow you and you haven't been very detailed in your instructions it'll take even longer. I, with my graphic designer buddy, spent a couple of weeks fine tuning a design for a simple vinyl label and that's without having a line of customers to serve. That's with unlimited access to computer time and what not.

Again not excusing the lack of communication from ASM, but trying to put a wee bit of perspective on the situation. Take a look at some of the threads for group buys (granted there is the "too many cooks" element there) and see how long some of those have drug on.

PinataUT
02-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Sorry. Blue Chip James Bond.

tantan
02-24-2005, 01:03 PM
They recently contacted me, which surprised me. They notified me that they hired a new graphic artist and that they will be in contact with me by the end of this week (it's already Thursday). So Kim is no longer working on my order. If I don't hear anything, I will follow up on Monday and keep following up until they start acknowledging my order.

There aren't too many options for custom clays so I'm stuck with PC.com. If they cut corners and deliver a inferior product, I won't accept it and will ask them to redo it or at the very least, ask for my money back. I believe they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but I could be mistaken.

AZnuts
02-24-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...If you're not providing anything other than ideas, that is you aren't giving them art elements or finished art to be transferred to their native graphics program, it's going to take a while. If you're wanting them to wow you and you haven't been very detailed in your instructions it'll take even longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just it, I gave pokerchips.com a design that was 98% complete, they were just transferring most art into Illustrator, but for some reason decided to rearrange and change everything. Also, any comments I had were detailed and in writing (email). This literally could have taken about 30 minutes if done at one sitting.

I don't know if Kim ever read one of my emails in entirety. She certainly never responded to one. The only way anything was done is if I called and physically reached her on the phone. Then she would make one change on the fly of the four we talked about and hoped it was done. Then she would claim to have sent me a proof 3 weeks later which she never did.

If I had it to do over, I would send graphics 100% done in Illustrator, and call EVERY single day until it was approved.

Lord Bodak
03-03-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here here. I suggest EVERYONE interested in clay order these samples. Top-notch quality chips.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

I will admit to being a newbie when it comes to chips. What's the difference between clay and "clay composite"? I see the Paulson James Bond chips are listed as clay composite. I ordered a sample based on the recommendations I've seen. What else should I be looking at?

--Mike

JoshuaMayes
03-15-2005, 12:33 PM
I ordered my chips on 9/15/04 and they came last week -- and mine have no inlay. In other words, it took them six months to deliver from the time I placed my order, even though they promised me that I would receive them by the end of December. I began hounding them in January (I called about once a week, always with a friendly tone), and constantly received false promises that my chips would be on the next truck. They were out of several colors of clay, and I had to change one of my chip selections as a result (or wait another two months!).

They also made a mistake, and sent 200 of my chips with the wrong mold. I got 800 horsehead and 200 roman mold /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I have returned the 200 roman chips, and god only knows how long I will have to wait for them to send me what I ordered.

I must say, the chips are fantastic, and I am very pleased with them. But, all in all, the service was very poor. They seem ill-equipped to handle the increase in business that has accompanied poker's rapid rise in popularity. If you order from them, I would expect a long wait, and many false and/or optimistic predictions by the customer support staff.

JoshuaMayes
03-15-2005, 12:33 PM
I ordered my chips on 9/15/04 and they came last week -- and mine have no inlay. In other words, it took them six months to deliver from the time I placed my order, even though they promised me that I would receive them by the end of December. I began hounding them in January (I called about once a week, always with a friendly tone), and constantly received false promises that my chips would be on the next truck. They were out of several colors of clay, and I had to change one of my chip selections as a result (or wait another two months!).

They also made a mistake, and sent 200 of my chips with the wrong mold. I got 800 horsehead and 200 roman mold . I have returned the 200 roman chips, and god only knows how long I will have to wait for them to send me what I ordered.

I must say, the chips are fantastic, and I am very pleased with them. But, all in all, the service was very poor. They seem ill-equipped to handle the increase in business that has accompanied poker's rapid rise in popularity. If you order from them, I would expect a long wait, and many false and/or optimistic predictions by the customer support staff.