PDA

View Full Version : AK unimproved by turn

rvS
02-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Felt like I really fouled up this hand /images/graemlins/confused.gif and wanted to hear some others thoughts. Should I have raised this flop? Would a call on his turn bet have been reasonable...felt close. What is your general play w/ AK in this situation?

UTG+1 is loose pf(vp$ip 50%) thru 20 hands. Post flop nothing crazy...not much of a read.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.70 BB

admiralfluff
02-15-2005, 09:08 PM
depending on my player reads I either raise this flop or fold. calling the flop and folding the turn is definitely wrong, you clearly do not have odds to draw to your 2.5-3.5 outter on the flop. If he wouldn't bet into you as a bluff, or be put off a weak hand with aggression on 4th you should fold. Your 20 hand sample really won't tell you anything, as you know, except that there is a reasonable chance he is a looser player. If you have seen him do something in a previous hand that might indicate lagginess, I raise the flop and bet the turn if checked to.

BaronVonCP
02-15-2005, 09:11 PM
I don't think your play was too bad. There a lot of players that bet on the flop with a flush draw, any two, etc.. and then give up on the turn.

AK unimproved after raising PF is a common situation that doesn't really have a 'best' play. Its very player dependant.

Warchant88
02-15-2005, 09:18 PM
I'd probably raise the flop.

BaronVonCP
02-15-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my default play as well.

I was just saying that it can be situational, and playing somewhat passively isn't always incorrect.