PDA

View Full Version : a decent hand with position

somethinlikeawar
02-15-2005, 08:28 PM
what to do with ace ten suited on the button?

Patrick Duffy
02-15-2005, 08:39 PM
we're gonna need just a tiny bit more information to give any advice at all about this one...

Bigwig
02-15-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we're gonna need just a tiny bit more information to give any advice at all about this one...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, a tiny bit.

Like, what level is it?
How many limpers?
Any raises?
Stack sizes?
Any significant reads on the players in the pot?

somethinlikeawar
02-16-2005, 12:33 AM
that makes no difference. the question is plain and simple.

Bigwig
02-16-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem with the question. It's unanswerable in it's current form. What do I do with ATs in position?

Sometimes I call. Sometimes I raise. Sometimes I fold.

spentrent
02-16-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise all-in, every time. The significant fold equity earned by applying this principle in situation=RANDOM makes this a fantastic and highly profitable play.

You don't even have to be on the button with a premium hand such as ATs.

Reconsider if not suited.

raptor517
02-16-2005, 02:03 AM
you are correct, the question was very plain and simple. in fact, it was too plain and simple. it is unanswerable in its current form.

The Yugoslavian
02-16-2005, 02:15 AM
Ugh, when I said 'try again' I didn't mean repost the same non context thing. Try again giving more information!!!

C'mon, you don't really think all this other information doesn't matter here do you??

Yugoslav

SuitedSixes
02-16-2005, 02:27 AM
He's new. I think my 5th post was something like, "Look at Gus Hansen's ears! Do you think he is part vulcan? That could explain why he is able to make the calls he does."

Note to OP: Context (unlike size (not that I have anything to worry about)) does matter.

The Yugoslavian
02-16-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's new. I think my 5th post was something like, "Look at Gus Hansen's ears! Do you think he is part vulcan? That could explain why he is able to make the calls he does."

Note to OP: Context (unlike size (not that I have anything to worry about)) does matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right of course, SS.

Per original post: f-it, go allin.

Yugoslav

SuitedSixes
02-16-2005, 02:37 AM
Can I use that? 'F_It_AllIn420' would be a fearsome Party screen name.

holeplug
02-16-2005, 02:48 AM
It all depends on what suit it is

SuitedSixes
02-16-2005, 02:55 AM
AT looks better in clubs.
Q8 in spades is irresistable.
QJ hearts is beautiful.
T9 looks best in diamonds.

I can never get away from A4 regardless of suit. (I think it's because the 4 looks like an A)

The Yugoslavian
02-16-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can I use that? 'F_It_AllIn420' would be a fearsome Party screen name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that is a monster party name. You should make it F_It_aCEz4uBTcH if you really want to be top dog though, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

My buddy at work bought a Donald Trump doll that says stuff like 'you're fired!' Apparently I overuse the above phrase at work frequently and my buddy thinks that it would be my bread and butter phrase if there was ever a Yugoslav doll.

Example of 'F-it' at work:
I get on the phone Monday with my client who says 'change all the legal on this part of the ad to red' then today she asks why that part of the ad isn't blue. Apparently on Monday red meant blue. So, when I'm off the phone I go to our creative guys who balk at the retarded changes I'm asking of them so I just say 'F-it, here's the client's number, you figure out what that crazy B!tch wants.'

Results to come, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

SuitedSixes
02-16-2005, 03:00 AM
Do you ever get the feeling that we forget when we're not posting in the OOT?

The Yugoslavian
02-16-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, the SNG forum is just going to have to deal with the occasional hijacked thread from us. Besides, it's not like this thread is anywhere close to 'classic' status, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

But yeah, I had the same thought as I was posting, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Yugoslav

spentrent
02-16-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, the SNG forum is just going to have to deal with the occasional hijacked thread from us. Besides, it's not like this thread is anywhere close to 'classic' status, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still offended that you ripped off my excellent advice without referring to my detailed mathematical expert analysis. "F IT ALL-IN" is so pedestrian. I expect better from you, Yugoslav.

The Yugoslavian
02-16-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still offended that you ripped off my excellent advice without referring to my detailed mathematical expert analysis. "F IT ALL-IN" is so pedestrian. I expect better from you, Yugoslav.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad.

However, to reference your post properly I would have had to read the posts replying to the OP. And to do this I would have had to take the OP seriously. And for this to happen I would have had to be someone else.

Thus, be disappointed in someone else who is not me as they should have been the one to read your post and give it credit.

Yugoslav
(definitely a pedestrian when his car is in the shop)

spentrent
02-16-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad.

However, to reference your post properly I would have had to read the posts replying to the OP. And to do this I would have had to take the OP seriously. And for this to happen I would have had to be someone else.

Thus, be disappointed in someone else who is not me as they should have been the one to read your post and give it credit.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhhhh... touche? Or...

YO MAMA!

The Yugoslavian
02-16-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhhhh... touche? Or...

YO MAMA!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, who's the pedestrian now! I think you just PZWNED yourself, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

spentrent
02-16-2005, 03:52 AM
Here's an OWNED picture I made. ENJOY!

http://www.afn.org/~ok/avatars/seal.gif