PDA

View Full Version : Software for the cheat

powerplay
02-15-2005, 08:15 PM
I have heard over the last few weeks that somewhere someone has delveloped software for on online poker players to view their opponents hole cards. Is this true? Has anyone else heard of this non-sense before? I hope it is not true

KenProspero
02-15-2005, 08:17 PM
I doubt it.

skipperbob
02-15-2005, 08:22 PM
If they have; it's over; the pain won't last long

skipperbob
02-15-2005, 08:23 PM
You know they're trying

microbet
02-15-2005, 08:47 PM
that would be very difficult

I'm no expert in this, but I'm sure they don't send info about the opponent's hole cards to your computer until they show, encrypted or not.

They would have to have either broken into the website's (e.g. Party's) servers or have some way of monitoring the internet traffic routed to all the players at your table.

I guess if they had a way of getting a virus on all the computers at the table - just a popular virus or again by having broken into something in the provider's software.

I suppose if they worked at a large ISP they might have a shot at it working sometimes or maybe the CIA.

1C5
02-15-2005, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if someone does eventually. If a good hacker wanted to do something like that, I bet eventually it could be done.

stupidsucker
02-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Even if software like this ever came out its self ruining. Anyone smart enough to make something like this is smart enough to keep it to themselves rather then market it.

If they used it themselves then they would still have to be ultra careful to not get caught. You still have to go all in with KK preflop when you are against AA.

If It was proven that 100 people had this program and were using it now I wouldnt even care. If it becomes an epidemic it will get fixed. Online poker people have money. With money comes power. If someone is out to destroy the online poker world then they have a very worthy adversary to deal with. I wouldnt mess with anyone that makes that much money. Call me silly, but when you have that much money you can find ways to be above the law.

bigredlemon
02-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Yea I have it... it works perfectly... except for one problem....it's only accurate 0.001% of the time.

The Yugoslavian
02-15-2005, 09:14 PM
The Cheat has no use for such software - he's much too busy DJing at Bubs' in the evenings and creating stupid music videos.

Yugoslav

Scuba Chuck
02-15-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You still have to go all in with KK preflop when you are against AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth. At PP, I think the stats are probably 50/50 that you win/lose this hand. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stupidsucker
02-15-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Cheat has no use for such software - he's much too busy DJing at Bubs' in the evenings and creating stupid music videos.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Ps : stay off of my tables. You are always bad luck for me. Yesterday I played 29 games. my first 8 I went 7 for 8... my last 21 when I encountered you I went 2/21. (Who says this game is streaky).. Its either you or the cash out curse!!! I cashed out 1k after my 8th game.(for thoser that dont know im kidding im sorry)

SuitedSixes
02-15-2005, 09:45 PM
I always money when Yugo is at my table.

The Yugoslavian
02-15-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Ps : stay off of my tables. You are always bad luck for me. Yesterday I played 29 games. my first 8 I went 7 for 8... my last 21 when I encountered you I went 2/21. (Who says this game is streaky).. Its either you or the cash out curse!!! I cashed out 1k after my 8th game.(for thoser that dont know im kidding im sorry)

[/ QUOTE ]

We played 21 SNGs together last night? I must have been more lonely and suicidal than I thought since I didn't notice. Or are you saying after you encountered me in one SNG you went on your bad streak? I'll have to check my HHs when I go home, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Don't worry though, I never plan on sitting with you and many times have either gotten up and/or never sat down when I see the dreaded 11th seat occupied.

SuitedSixes: Ilya always kills when I'm at his tables too. obviously all this has nothing to do with variance and you guys should be playing the $215s immediately, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Yugoslav

stupidsucker
02-15-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or are you saying after you encountered me in one SNG you went on your bad streak?

[/ QUOTE ]

that one... except I am exagerating. The game we played together was about mid bad streak. I still blame you.

The Yugoslavian
02-15-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or are you saying after you encountered me in one SNG you went on your bad streak?

[/ QUOTE ]

that one... except I am exagerating. The game we played together was about mid bad streak. I still blame you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, good. I was wondering 'how the hell did I accidentally sit at 11 of his tables?! And how did I have a winning night?!?!?!'

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav

curtains
02-15-2005, 11:24 PM
I heard Strongbad uses it though

scotty34
02-15-2005, 11:26 PM
It is possible and has been done before (http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/entdev/article.php/616221) (courtesy of the Zoo FAQ). Software has become much more secure since then, as companies constantly become aware of and correct loopholes. But it is not out of the realm of possible that it could happen again.

curtains
02-15-2005, 11:29 PM
I play so well that even if everyone could see my hole cards, Id win easily.

scotty34
02-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Yea, but you wouldnt be making the "maximum value" because you would get less action from your AA's and KK's etc /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ChrisV
02-16-2005, 05:09 AM
If you're talking about the spam that's been going around in the chat at Party (and elsewhere) if you visit their site, you'll discover that they're talking about seeing your opponents' cards.... AFTER the hand is over.

AtticusFinch
02-16-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're talking about the spam that's been going around in the chat at Party (and elsewhere) if you visit their site, you'll discover that they're talking about seeing your opponents' cards.... AFTER the hand is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, assuming it goes to a showdown. It's one of the good things about Party that I wish more sites would do. (And perfectly within the rules, by the way.)

morgan180
02-16-2005, 03:47 PM
i think its bundled with the pattern mapper

MonkeeMan
02-16-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
software for on online poker players to view their opponents hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/cool.gif
There is a much more effective way to do this with hardware. Buy a pair of the infamous Cobalt Blue glasses. These work both online and in b&m. Plus, they're soooo cool.
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

McMelchior
02-16-2005, 11:04 PM
PokerStars uses 64 bit encryption, most of the other sites including party uses 32 but encrypion. That means that any communication between your client (software) and the game server is practically impossible to monitor and decode in real time for third parties.

The only way cheaters would be able to see holecards would be to break (hack) into the game server. We are now not talking about "cheating software" but very advanced computer piracy. Such a break in would probably not go unnoticed by the site for more than at the most a few days, since it would create unusual traffic patterns from the server to the cheats.

Personally, my biggest concern is when I play on my terrace in the summer half of the year. Living in Manhattan my laptop screen is theoretically visible from like 5 - 10,000 windows or even more. Somebody with a strong spotting scope could focus on screen and read my hole cards ... brrrrr....

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

AtticusFinch
02-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Actually there are more creative methods. Viruses or trojans would be the most effective way. I'm sure you guys remember the poker "bot" that circulated a while back that actually transmitted your hole cards to the author. (Poetic justice in a way).

A virus that did nothing but transmit your hole cards to a server could potentially survive for a very long time, actually, as it would be difficult to detect if it did no other damage to your machine. And if it were detected and removed? Fine, just write another one. I have little doubt that it will happen eventually.

Big Limpin'
02-17-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont be hating on those vids...they are Apple produced by the cheat, he makes do without a compy/lappy...and anyone with the directorial clout to get the Coach Z to say "ladiez!" is a genious in my books