PDA

View Full Version : Impressive or not so much?

courttv_addict
02-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Link (http://www.balkan-division.com/download/basket.swf)

Boris
02-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Awesome. The chick didn't look too happy afterwards though.

jdl22
02-15-2005, 08:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pwarcham/capt.jpg

edit: link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1499349&Fo rum=f20&Words=cheerleader&Searchpage=0&Limit=25000 &Main=1499349&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&date range=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype =&bodyprev=#Post1499349)

AngryCola
02-15-2005, 08:29 PM
So this has already been posted before?

I hadn't seen it.

It looks like she hit her head on the rim.

Ow.

college_boy
02-15-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So this has already been posted before?

I hadn't seen it.

It looks like she hit her head on the rim.

Ow.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guys don't seem to notice. They're too busy slapping each others asses

Voltron87
02-15-2005, 09:19 PM
I doubt its authenticity.

Alobar
02-15-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I call huge BS. Its obviously faked. Their reactions are so gay too, I dunno why they are the ones all jumping around and stuff she did all the work.

AngryCola
02-15-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I call huge BS. Its obviously faked. Their reactions are so gay too, I dunno why they are the ones all jumping around and stuff she did all the work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so.

I just don't think they notice or care that she hit her head on the way down.

Honestly, it doesn't look fake to me.

bosoxfan
02-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Wacki took some frames out of this video in another thread. It looks real.

link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1612279&Fo rum=,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Ma in=1612199&Search=true&where=&Name=9433&daterange= &newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypre v=#Post1612279)

jesusarenque
02-15-2005, 11:53 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

edit: link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=1499349&amp;Fo rum=f20&amp;Words=cheerleader&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25000 &amp;Main=1499349&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=&amp;date range=1&amp;newerval=1&amp;newertype=y&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype =&amp;bodyprev=#Post1499349)

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that the only thing lamer than people posting something that has already been posting is you continuing to post this pic, dont you? Get a life.

AngryCola
02-15-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You do realize that the only thing lamer than people posting something that has already been posting is you continuing to post this pic, dont you? Get a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

It just means this thread has been done already.

jesusarenque
02-15-2005, 11:56 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what it means. My point is that his continuous posting of that picture to signify that is lamer than the fact that this has been posted before.

AngryCola
02-15-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what it means. My point is that his continuous posting of that picture to signify that is lamer than the fact that this has been posted before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understood what you meant too.

Cut back on the coffee.

jesusarenque
02-16-2005, 12:04 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understood what you meant too.

Cut back on the coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't drink coffee.

Chris Daddy Cool
02-16-2005, 12:16 AM
that looks really dangerous

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-16-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] you. You're lame.

nothumb
02-16-2005, 01:52 AM
I'd hit it.

NT

jesusarenque
02-16-2005, 01:52 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] you. You're lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, but I'm not nearly as lame as you. Douche.

nothumb
02-16-2005, 01:55 AM
That is a wild gay ass-slap though. Like straight to the choad.

NT

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-16-2005, 01:55 AM
Let's bicker some more and call each other names. Let's see... you already called me douche, so I'm going to go with fuckwad. Your turn.

jesusarenque
02-16-2005, 01:58 AM
Let's bicker some more and call each other names. Let's see... you already called me douche, so I'm going to go with fuckwad. Your turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is way more fun than it should be, asshat.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-16-2005, 02:01 AM
Ooh... asshat - nice. I'm a big fan off the 4-letter word + noun wordmash. Here's a little variant on that with a verb:

Suck my ass, cocktouch!

jesusarenque
02-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Ooh... asshat - nice. I'm a big fan off the 4-letter word + noun wordmash. Here's a little variant on that with a verb:

Suck my ass, cocktouch!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cocktouch? Really? I've never heard that one, and I'm not sure I want to use it. I think you can do better, fucktard.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-16-2005, 02:10 AM
Listen, shitlick. I've had enough of your crap!

jesusarenque
02-16-2005, 02:15 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, asshat, you should start a thread asking what the funniest name to call someone is.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-16-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, asshat, you should start a thread asking what the funniest name to call someone is.

[/ QUOTE ]
You already used asshat, you cumpirate.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-16-2005, 02:17 AM
That one made top of the new page. Excellent. Good night, folks!

jesusarenque
02-16-2005, 02:19 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You already used asshat, you cumpirate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I just wanted to see if you would claim that "ass" is a four-letter word again.

-Syk-
02-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Real.

apd138
02-16-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is way more fun than it should be, asshat.

[/ QUOTE ] Is there a story behind that picture?

BreakEvenPlayer
02-16-2005, 06:58 AM
From another message board:

[ QUOTE ]
its fake.

if you slow it down and freeze frame it you can see that the center of her head (nose) clips the rim. good special effects though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
not only that but her body (legs, shorts, shoes) is unusually bright in contrast to the rest of the image. most definitely layering and the hoop, etc. has been made transparent.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Fake... totally fake... If you pause it, and look at the few frames that you can, her upper torso and head would have passed thru the rim itself. Anyways, click more than once on the page, it's a comedy movie. Why would anyone think that this isn't fake?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Here's how they do it...

It's a complete optical illusion. They DO throw the cheerleader up in the air and catch her. However, she never goes "through" the basket, but is actually in front of it. The illusion is that she went through the hoop, but in reality, only her left hand brushes it to make it appear that she has.

While her feet appear to be going through the basket, her torso does not. (a little creative editing) The camera never shows where the group is actually located. (you don't see their feet) By positioning the camera far away, you lose the perspective of how close the group is to the basket.

'nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Inside diameter of a regulation hoop is 18". I looked at the video a few times and noted that there is no reflection on the glass as she passes through the hoop. The lighting is set rather flat and appears to be directly in front of the backboard--there should be a distinct reflection as she passes six inches from the backboard.

Net is probably rigged with a thread or they rotoscoped out a basketball going through it and layered her in.

The bump on the head is a nice touch.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, this is really fake, and it doesn't appear that anyone spent very much time on it. The framerate is very low, presumably because it's a streaming video, but actually the framerate is kept low to avoid actually having to edit any video. There's exactly one frame where you can see her actually interacting with the basket, and, funny thing, it appears the rim has blurred and her body is being peirced by the basket, as there is person where rim should be. They didn't even take the time to edit the *one* image where you see her touching the rim. Fake. Fakefake.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The clip is great, very funny and entertaining but I want to explain a few things that many of you may not know. This was shot most likely on digital video then was manipulated in one or more of various applications such as After Effects, Shake or Maya. The final video that you see is a highly compressed version of the original, not to mention that it is playing as a Flash movie (prohibits saving) as opposed to playing in QuickTime. Without a doubt, this is a fake. The average person that may come across this video would be amazed at what can be done with computers.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think all you have to do is watch the guys at the beginning of the video. They continually look up, like they're judging the distance to the hoop..."aiming", if you will.

Follow their sight lines, though. They're all looking at least 5 feet to the left of where the basket actually is.

Good video editing...but thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I have taught cheerleading for twenty years and cheered on a national championship college team.

This is fake.

For those of you cheerleaders out there that want to somehow think this is real just because it is "cool", think about it.

You would have to:
a) stop your rotation from the tuck, would would be a pretty impressive slap in the face to the laws of physics, or
b) you would have to time your rotation like that of a pole vaulter or high jumper going over a bar so that your feet, legs, hips, torso, shoulders and head would rotate through the hoop. One problem with that. You get one shot. Either you make it, and get this cool video or you miss it and tear up your face so bad you wouldn't be recognizeable. Don't forget.. if you over rotate, you're going to have a 10-gauge wire hoop ramming itself through the back of your head. Woops, that didn't work... next girl?

It's a cool video that got people talking. But don't believe for a minute that it's real.

[/ QUOTE ]

Def. fake, but cool video.