PDA

View Full Version : JJ against LAA w/ overcard board

shadow29
02-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Villain is too loose preflop, raises about as many hands as I play (~17%) and is fairly aggressive postflop (~2.0). I've seen him raise 66, QTo, etc. I chose to cap because I wanted to playthe pot heads up and I felt that I was still ahead.

Turn is a close decision, I feel. I was getting 8.75:1 for my 6 outer (if you assume my JJ outs were clean, I felt that they were).

I dislike my flop bet, looking over it. River action changes things, so it's deleted. Thoughts?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Shillx
02-15-2005, 08:01 PM
So this guy is a frequent bluffer? Your line looks okay to me, but I might just check/call it down given the pot size and what he could be holding. If this guy will auto-bet when checked to I'm checking and calling for sure. You appear to be small favorite given his range of hands on this board. No way you can give up right now.

Brad