PDA

View Full Version : Playing trash

09-02-2002, 06:33 PM
Anyone not play the following hand.

5 limpers to me in the CO position. I have 5s 3s and limped too. Button and both blinds come along for 9 people to the flop.

*** FLOP *** : [ 4s 2d 6s ]

WOW. There is a bet a call and a raise ahead of me. I just called not wanting to drive out everyone after me, but the original bettor 3 bet so I capped it when it came back to me. 4 of us went to the turn with 12 BB's in the pot.

*** TURN *** : [ 4s 2d 6s ] [ Td ]

BB bet and an EP folded, I raised, SB folded and BB raised me back. I capped it again and with 20 BB's in the pot 2 of us went to the river. ( You have to figure him for a set now).

*** RIVER *** : [ 4s 2d 6s Td ] [ 7c ]

He checked I bet he called. He was playing 64o very hard and I won a huge pot.

Back to my original question though. WIth this many limpers was this hand worth a bet?

sucka
09-02-2002, 08:04 PM
It was worth one bet in this case now wasn't it? :-)

I dunno though. Against a weak field I'd limp with this about 80% of the time - especially if I didn't fear the blinds raising it up.

The thing is - you play considerably better post flop then probably all 8 of the other limpers so you aren't going to let the hand trap you. You either hit something on the flop and you proceed - or you miss and dump.

This is one of those rare cases though when you flop the nuts with a potential trash hand.