PDA

View Full Version : 4 betting AK

09-02-2002, 06:21 PM
Online 2/4. There are several loose players at the table (and one extremely tight 2+2er who folds to turn raises too often). Extremely loose EP limps in and I raise in MP with Ah Kd. I get 3 bet by the cut-off and everyone folds back to the ELEP, who calls. I decided to 4 bet. My reasoning is the hands I'd seen the ELEP play have been horrible. I think his money is coming to me or the cutoff so putting another bet in here increases my EV in the long run. Does this make any sense? Both call.

*** FLOP *** : [ Tc 8s Jd ]

ELEP checks, I bet, CO calls and ELEP raises. I call and CO calls. I'm wondering if a fold was in order here.

*** TURN *** : [ Tc 8s Jd ] [ Qd ]

Who says prayer doesn't work. ELEP bet's, I raise, CO folds and ELEP calls.

*** RIVER *** : [ Tc 8s Jd Qd ] [ Jh ]

Aaack. ELEP bets, and I make a crying call. He had Th Jc.

So. Given that my read of the ELEP was right (He called 2 cold with JTo) is the 4 bet justified pre-flop?

What about the bet on the flop?

All comments appreciated.

09-03-2002, 04:18 PM
Who is the tighty 2+2er. I ask because I'm worried it might be me. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

davidross
09-04-2002, 10:41 AM
hard to say since I don't know who you are, but the person I am talking about knows who he is. He had a thread last week on his proclivity to fold to turn raises (Which is why I mentoned it). He also played at two tables with me last night and cleaned everyone out.