PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 Flush draw, odd line

Emmitt2222
02-15-2005, 07:05 PM
SB is pretty solid, UTG+1 is a complete fish and MP1 is tight.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Pretty standard, anyone wanna 3bet when it comes back?

Turn: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, SB calls.

I decided to bet out here for a few reasons
1] I could have the best hand here
2] I have good pot equity and I want to make the pot bigger so I dont want it to get checked through [right?]
3] If MP1 has a better made hand like a pocket pair I may be able to scare him into laying it down and give me a better chance of winning against SB who I am almost sure is on a flush draw and the fish

River: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Anyone value betting this? I thought it would be safer to check/call because my hand wasnt strong enough

Final Pot: 11 BB

"You're a stupid fish who doesnt belong at 2/4" comments welcome

Emmitt2222
02-15-2005, 07:43 PM
anyone?

Nick C
02-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Just calling SB's initial flop bet does seem best to me. The pot is fairly small at this point, and you have a strong combined draw to a flush, trips, and two-pair. So, while you could raise to protect your weak made hand, I think I'd rather just call in the hopes of bringing others along and building the pot.

After MP1 raises though, I would seriously consider 3-betting when the betting got back to me. However, surprisingly heavy action on this low-card flop does indicate you may not have as many outs as it appears.

I wouldn't be convinced SB was on a flush draw when he checked the flop (MP1's raise could have slowed him down), but a flush draw certainly is possible. I am kind of surprised MP1 folded to your sudden turn bet. I guess maybe he had something like pocket sixes, figured you just caught trips, and didn't want to chase a set and a gutshot, not closing the action? Or maybe he had an overpair and thought he was drawing to two outs. I don't think the flop raiser will fold in this spot all that often, but I think you did push him off of a better hand, and it looks like your read was good.

The river is uncomfortable. I don't know what UTG+1 has been hanging around with, but I don't think SB is calling with a missed draw or folding a better hand that he called with on the turn. Your hand doesn't beat much of anything, but calling UTG+1's sudden river bet seems all right to me, especially since you're closing the action getting 10:1, and UTG+1 could be trying to buy the pot with something like A6o and a missed overcard plus gutshot, figuring no one has shown any consistent interest in the hand and a bluff might work.