PDA

View Full Version : UTG pushing any two, still good?

rachelwxm
02-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I seem to have bad experience lately with pushing UTG with any two before I lose my FE.

Here is one extreme example the other night.

6 handed. I have 5bb UTG with blinds 100 and about to increase in 3-4 hands. I pick up KTs and push. UTG+1 reraises all in with A5o. He does not seem to be a good player, but I have been called by big stack a lot in other occasions.

I find the more observant opponent start to pick these desperate steals and act accordingly. That makes me wonder if this is still a good move at all. What do you do in this spot?

1C5
02-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Good question. What level buy in is this?

spentrent
02-15-2005, 04:39 PM
I think that with 5BBs and six players remaining you're gonna need to gamble to get ITM. Might as well hope for a coinflip with 5BBs instead of hoping for a coinflip with 3.5BBs.

Of course, I'd reconsider for anomalous situations where there's one monster stack and the next level increase will put the whole table in push/fold mode.

11t
02-15-2005, 04:40 PM
He made a bad call unless he had a you outchipped 2-1.

rachelwxm
02-15-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

let's say $20-$30 buyin. I interpret it differently if this happens at $10+1.

spentrent
02-15-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. Rachel assumes he's an observant player who realizes the short stack will get desperate UTG. It might therefore be a fantastic call, and not only in hindsight.

rachelwxm
02-15-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. Rachel assumes he's an observant player who realizes the short stack will get desperate UTG. It might therefore be a fantastic call, and not only in hindsight.

[/ QUOTE ]

The caller is not a good player and busted out before ITM. But on another occation, UTG+1 big stack call my push with ATs. And I find if bb happens to be big stack, his calling range is very wide too.

1C5
02-15-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain what you mean? I am a new player just getting started in the 10s...

rachelwxm
02-15-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain what you mean? I am a new player just getting started in the 10s...

[/ QUOTE ]

at $10 table, some people play crazy enough that I could not explain their play in a rational way.