PDA

View Full Version : Flop and River decisions

Ulysses
09-02-2002, 04:59 PM
6-12. Live $3 drop on button. 5-8c. Relatively passive and most players are too tricky for their own good, leaving lots of bets on the table.

4 limpers to me. I toss in the $3. SB calls. BB raises. Everyone calls, so do I. SB calls. 7 players.

Flop: 9c,10h,Jd. Checked to LP, who bets. Cutoff raises. The opening bet and raise GUARANTEES that neither of these players has QK. I know the two bettors will call, so I 3-bet, hoping to get rid of a K and give me 8 clean outs. SB flat calls, which worries me. Folded to the opener and raiser, who both call. 4 players.

Turn: 3s,9c,10h,Jd: Checked to me. I bet. All call. SB worries me, as he seems to like his hand a little too much.

River: Qd,3s,9c,10h,Jd: Good, maybe. Checked to me. Your move?

Allan
09-03-2002, 12:45 AM
pre-flop I think the flop call is fine. What kind of flop are you looking for with 8-5c? The one that flopped isn't the one I had in mind. Then given the way you played the flop and with the sb hanging around for 3 sb cold and the remaining players calling, don't you think a free card is the way to go on the turn? No one is folding to your turn bet....
The river makes your hand and you get checked to...I think you bet here...after all it is what you wanted to see right?

Allan