PDA

View Full Version : AA hand

fnord_too
02-15-2005, 03:55 PM
I thought I'd post this because it seems like lately when I call a flop raise with the intent of raising a turn bet, I am not given the opportunity very often. (The guy check raised me, and didn't even have the decency to continue with a turn bet!)

How often do you three bet the flop and how often do you pull up for a turn raise?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.66 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.33 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8.33 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 10.33 BB

DcifrThs
02-15-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(The guy check raised me, and didn't even have the decency to continue with a turn bet!)

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious...i 3bet on the flop here alot.

-Barron

coolhandkuhn
02-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Online, I'll threebet more often, as the aggression level is higher, and my threebets aren't taken as seriously as live action play, so it's possible that there'll be a cap on the flop, with or without the chance for a raise on the turn as well.

Also, with a jack high flop, there are 10 overcards that can come on the turn to slow down any top pair hand that would have bet into you again on the turn. Not saying that's a reason to re-raise the flop by itself, but it's something to consider when using this play with lower boards (7 or 8 high, when all sorts of cards could slow down your opponent on the turn).

fnord_too
02-15-2005, 05:07 PM
I don't know exactly how often I pull up in spots like this and go for a turn raise, &lt;25% I think (probably considerably less).

steveyz
02-15-2005, 07:03 PM
I usually 3-bet this flop. If I'm check raised on a K33 flop when I have AA or AK, then I usually call and raise the turn.