PDA

View Full Version : Playing through rough times

Quad fours
02-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Six or so months ago, a few friends and I decided to hit the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I've never been there before and one of my friends said the food was awesome. I ordered a steak with a side of mashed potatoes. It was ok, but nothing too special. Along with the meal came three measly looking onion rings. I've been developing some sort of allergic reaction to fried onions, but I decided to eat them anyway.

A few hours later, I arrive back home to play a couple of SNG's on party. About 15 hands in, I'm chipleader with around 1500 chips with 8 players remaining. This is where things start to get interesting. Out of nowhere, and I mean absolutely nowhere, I lean forward in my chair and proceed to vomit all over my floor. I'm now staring at the steak I just ate mixed with bile. Damn onion rings. At this point I think to myself that I should really chew my food better as there were some rather large pieces. The few times I've thrown up in my life, I'd have some warning indicators that the event is inevitable but had enough time to get myself to the bathroom. However, this time I had no such warning.

Now I'm trying to clean my rug, finish vomiting, and raise 3.5x the BB with AKs from the button. After a few hands, I decided there was no way I could play like this. But I'm freaking the chipleader.

I make the choice to clean the mess up full time and click the away button. About 15 minutes later, I've cleaned up enough so that I could play without smelling that horrible stench that my stomach created. When I got back, I was near 800 chips, so I think the blinds got fairly high in my absence. We are four handed, and I see AA in front of me. If I remember correctly I clicked the "I'm Back" button, a split second before my cards were auto-mucked. I double up and proceed to win the SNG. It was the hardest working net gain of $39 in my life. The only thing I regret is not keeping the hand history.

MelchyBeau
02-15-2005, 03:51 PM
aren't the histories stored on your computer?

Melch

Quad fours
02-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I was playing on my old piece of crap computer.

kipin
02-15-2005, 03:56 PM
I want my 2 minutes back.

pshreck
02-15-2005, 04:09 PM
What dont people get about OTHER OTHER. This is poker related, put it somewhere else.

Shajen
02-15-2005, 04:18 PM
I was playing a 12+1 sitngo on stars the other day and I was the chip lead with 3 left.

The doorbell rings and it's fedex. I grab the package real quick and head back upstairs to finish my sitngo.

While I'm playing I try to open the box.

I finally got it open and pulled out the packing slip. I cut myself on the packing slip. Paper cuts hurt like hell.

that's a bad beat. But it gets even worse.

In the box was a woman's head! And Brad Pitt knocked on my door asking what was in the [censored] box...he kept saying it. Then he shot me.

I came in second in the sitngo and got shot by Brad Pitt. I ruined my keyboard by bleeding all over it. Made $22 bucks though.

(yes, this was [censored] lame, but not as lame as the OP, so blow me)

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jack spade23
02-15-2005, 04:18 PM
why do you care? honestly? Its not like its a limit question in a nl forum

pshreck
02-15-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its like a poker thread in a non-poker forum.

Aces McGee
02-15-2005, 04:31 PM
I have never eaten at the Cheesecake Factory without getting sick to my stomach.

-McGee

astroglide
02-15-2005, 04:37 PM
cheesecake factory = applebee's: special edition

jono
02-15-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want my 2 minutes back.

[/ QUOTE ]

swede123
02-15-2005, 04:58 PM
You guys need to work your speed reading skills. Perhaps this little tale was pretty fluffy, but it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to read it. Hone those mad reading skills boys and girls, or you'll never be able to cover all of the crap in OOT.

Swede

stabn
02-15-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its like a poker thread in a non-poker forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's a story not a poker thread. Poker may be mentioned, but it doesn't really fit any of the other forums. It works better as a generic OOT/QLC post.

stabn
02-15-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that's cold. I've never eaten a steak there, but there are a couple of items i like there, and i'd never eat at applebees.

B00T
02-16-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*thumbs up*

BK_
02-16-2005, 03:43 PM
this is actually pretty funny