PDA

View Full Version : Cap with KK pre-flop - reraised on the flop

maryfield48
02-15-2005, 03:08 PM
MP3 was fairly LP pre-flop (32/4), very Agg post. I'd earlier seen him bet/raise a bluff all the way to the river. Others were pretty much calling stations.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (25.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="green">The 3-bet makes me consider AA.</font>

Turn: (20.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="green">Don't really like that card - looking back should I raise here to push off small-middle clubs? Or just for value?</font>

River: (24.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero...?

<font color="green">I don't think that could have hurt me. But what to do - bet? Check/call? And how was the rest of the hand?</font>

ScottTheFish
02-15-2005, 03:34 PM
I'd bet the turn and call down if raised. If he just calls I bet the river.

meep_42
02-15-2005, 04:27 PM
I like betting the turn. I don't want to give A/images/graemlins/club.gifKx a free card here and his play could mean JJ/QQ/AK as much as AA. Call a raise on the turn and check/call the river.

-d

PokerBob
02-15-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (20.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="green">Don't really like that card - looking back should I raise here to push off small-middle clubs? Or just for value?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif But be prepared to fold to a 3-bet.

EDIT: I just reread your post, and I think betting the turn here is standard. That said, since you didn't I think c/ring here is vital to blast away any med clubs, or at least charge them to draw.

sfer
02-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Your turn play would rule if you checkraised.

k_squared
02-15-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that would be the money play!!! you are inducing him to bluff at the hand, you get him to bet, and now you punish him... The best part is now you are representing the flush. Check-call, then check-raise when the flush card comes, exactly how a lot of people would play that flush draw. (Personally I would often bet the flush draw if I hit it to see where my opponent was after that flop and to add some decpeiton to my hand if it does come.)

-k_squared

maryfield48
02-18-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! That would rock! So what would I be saying by doing that? Something along the lines of "Ok you might have AA but there are more hands that you might have that I'm ahead of"? Is there anything that should make me slow down in this scenario?

I need to understand the thinking behind it.