PDA

View Full Version : flopped sets

steviej1717
02-15-2005, 03:07 PM
my first hand post
1/2 NL harrahs council bluffs ia

Two hands I played recently came up, wondered if I could have made more money on them or if I played it right.
I have about 250, opponent has about 75, others have between 75 - 200.
MP w/ 55, 1 limper in front, i limp, 4 limpers behind

Flop, J52 rainbow

UTG goes all in on the flop, I am next to act, what do i do?

Same thing about 20 minutes later, i am up to around 450, have the table covered, 6 or 7 limpers to me in BB with 88. I check, flop 842 rainbow, SB checks, I check, UTG goes all in, two callers for 40$ more, what is my best action to make the most money?

Thanks for the replies

tbach24
02-15-2005, 03:27 PM
Usually I am not a big slowplay fan, however these times I might.

Hand 1: Smooth call this and try to get action from behind.
Hand 2: Make it 120 to go and build your pot!

parttimepro
02-15-2005, 03:39 PM
1st hand: easy call, push the turn if anyone calls behind.

2nd hand: Hard to see what people are flat calling with here. Small overpairs like 99-TT or smaller sets 22 and 44 are likely. 35? A3? QJ? They're either terrible players or they've got smaller sets and are going to pay you off regardless. Anyway, if they've called an overbet already, they'll stay for a min raise. This builds up a side pot they'll feel like they need to defend. Bet or push on the turn, depending on stack sizes.

jhall23
02-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Hand one I can definetly see slowplaying since it has already been bet into you as it's pretty drawless except to a small straight which is probably unlikely. If I was first to act I would bet out. Here I would smooth call and hope to take some of the others along, then lead out the turn. If you get anyone to follow it will be hard for them to lay down the turn with the pot size.

Hand 2, check raise is fine here. Are the stacks still the same at ~200 for the other players? That would determine how much to raise it.