PDA

View Full Version : Tough BB bubble decision, your thoughts please.

pokerraja
02-15-2005, 02:49 PM
This hand gave me some problems. I figured I would post it. I will give results in my reply post. Not that results really matter here. Im more interested in correct play.

$33 sng. 4 players left. Fairly decent-standard players. Big stacks have not been overly aggressive either. We have been 4 handed for about 15-20 hands already. Lots of raise, fold, fold, fold so far. Big blind is T300.
UTG-(T2200)
Button- (T800)
SB- (T4200)
HERO(BB)- (T800)

UTG folds. Button goes all in (T800), SB smooth calls. Decision to me in BB with pocket nines. call or fold?

nyc999
02-15-2005, 02:57 PM
I fold. There are probably a lot of overcards between those two hands, and the SB didn't try to isolate, so it's probably a strong hand.

Hope the SB knocks out the button and puts you in the money.

lorinda
02-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Do you have more chips or less chips than the button?

Lori

Pokerscott
02-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Middle pocket pairs suck against 2 people (both potentially have 2 over cards and SB may even have you dominated). It sucks to let the 300 BB go, but the consolation prize is you have a very good shot at getting ITM.

FOLD

Pokerscott

pokerraja
02-15-2005, 02:59 PM
results:
Button had 10J suited, SB had KK. No improvements for any. I would of still beat out the button and finished in 3rd place.

But as faith would have it. I ended up doubling up a few more times and eventually won the whole thing! But, I'm not so sure I made the correct play on this hand.

thoughts.

curtains
02-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Did you really both have exactly 800? If you had just 801 I'd call here. What are the rules if you both have the exact same amount before the hand?

Pokerscott
[ QUOTE ]
I fold. There are probably a lot of overcards between those two hands, and the SB didn't try to isolate, so it's probably a strong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree in principle that the SB looks stronger when they call instead of raise to isolate. However, in this hand anything over calling is the same as calling (BB has same stack size as all-in on the button).

Pokerscott

pokerraja
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have more chips or less chips than the button?

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry I was'nt clear enough. We both had T800.

lorinda
02-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Heh, you were perfectly clear, I just assumed they were estimates /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I asked for the same reason curtains posted, I think I call this. I only have to either beat the sb or the button to get something out of this assuming that the third prize will be chopped if you both go out.

Lori

curtains
02-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Does anyone know what happens if two people bust with same amt of chips on bubble? I cant find info on PartyPoker website.

jcm4ccc
02-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Did you have more chips than the button, or less chips? I doubt you had exactly the same number of chips. This is a huge consideration in this play.

You probably have a less than 50-50 chance of winning this hand, since you are up against two people. But if you have more chips than the button, than you are okay with losing this hand, as long as the button also loses. You will be awarded 3rd place (at least on Stars). The probability of the button beating both you and the SB is probably less than 30%. So I would call in this scenario. Great chance to increase your stack size significantly.

If you have less than the button, then you are putting all of your chips in when you know that you are not the favorite to win this hand. You might have a 30-40% chance of winning the hand, which is what you will need to do to finish in the money. If you stay out of it, the button probably has a 50/50 chance of busting out. So I would fold.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read the other responses before replying to this.

nyc999
02-15-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree in principle that the SB looks stronger when they call instead of raise to isolate. However, in this hand anything over calling is the same as calling (BB has same stack size as all-in on the button).

Pokerscott

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right...thought UTG was still in hand

rachelwxm
02-15-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know what happens if two people bust with same amt of chips on bubble? I cant find info on PartyPoker website.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be curious to know if you find out.