PDA

View Full Version : KK vs a Loose Aggressive and I call a lot?

DMBFan23
02-15-2005, 02:18 PM
hey y'all,

Just want to make sure this is standard. Most Absolute players are somewhat weak tight, but this guy is definitely loose, and very aggressive. not quite a maniac, but more aggressive and slightly less loose than your average LAG. AP's hand histories eat chunks, so I am bringing you this one by hand.

Absolute Poker 2/4 Hold Em (9 handed)

2 folds, LAG raises, folded to me on the button with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif and I three bet, 2 folds, LAG caps, I call.

the LAG and I see the flop of Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
he bets, I call

the turn is a blank, the 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
he bets, I call

river bricks as well, the 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
he bets, I call.

it felt weird playing it, like I needed to throw in a raise somewhere (the river came to mind at the time)

Thanks,
-Kevin

Fat Nicky
02-15-2005, 02:21 PM
i'd raise the turn.

It would suck if you were ahead and he checks the river after you smoothcalled the turn.

sean c
02-15-2005, 02:21 PM
I would raise the turn call a three bet and the river.

DMBFan23
02-15-2005, 02:22 PM
hey Nicky,

thanks for the advice. I was going to bet if checked to on any street

Rafael_Luiz
02-15-2005, 02:26 PM
I'd raise either the flop or turn to figure out where you stand in the hand. Sraight calling down heads up against a loose player with overpairs isn't +EV.

PokerBob
02-15-2005, 02:44 PM
I don't stop betting until he 3-bets me on the turn, then I give him credit for AA or QQ.

shant
02-15-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't stop betting until he 3-bets me on the turn, then I give him credit for AA or QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, and play it the same way. We're not putting a LAG on a range of hands here just because he capped after being 3-bet. LAGs will do this out of spite more than having AA.

Also, LAGs like betting and raising so I don't think raising the flop or turn is going to slow him down or make him fold.

Chairman Wood
02-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Actually I think it is +EV. It is just more +EV to throw in a raise.

PokerBob
02-15-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise either the flop or turn to figure out where you stand in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you ever know where you stand with a LAG?

If you ever slow down, he will attack. IMO opinion slowing down on the flop and then raising the turn only complicates matters.

Keep betting until it is reasonable to slow down. Just cuz he's LAG doesn't mean he's a complete fool.

DMBFan23
02-15-2005, 03:58 PM
QJo.

PokerBob
02-15-2005, 04:08 PM
You left bets on the table.

BaronVonCP
02-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Someone give me one reason why you would ever not raise the flop?

DMBFan23
02-15-2005, 04:15 PM
you can say that again.

DMBFan23
02-15-2005, 04:16 PM
one reason = I was capped pf.

is that a sufficient reason? not against this opponent. but it is one reason.

BaronVonCP
02-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Even TAG's can cap with less than AA/QQ.

But what good is knowing that this guy is lagish do you if you don't use that information?

k_squared
02-15-2005, 06:18 PM
one reason not to raise the flop is to get a raise in on the turn...

Depending on how tight he is post flop many LAGs will slow down after being raised on the flop if they hit nothing, and by checking you are inducing them to bet with hands they might not otherwise bet on the turn. You are far enough ahead of most of the hands he has to make it worth trying to get that extra bet in.

At the very least that is a reason!

-K_squared