PDA

View Full Version : Daily bubble

TheAmp
02-15-2005, 01:30 PM
50+5 at party. SB is chip leader with 5k. he min raised me a few times before in similar spots. My thinking was "If he liked his hand he would push here, and if he wanted to trick me/ induce push, he would just complete". I had enough chips to hurt him, and as I noted, he did this before, so I pushed my KTo.

Was I messing with wrong guy?
Did my play give away too much equity to the shortstack (1200 chips)?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1735)
UTG (t2110)
Button (t1200)
SB (t4955)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1735 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t1135.

Flop: (t3470) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t3470) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t3470) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3470

sofere
02-15-2005, 01:54 PM
This is a real tough spot, but I think you should fold and concentrate on pushing as much as possible against the other 2. After your reraise push, if I'm not mistaken, Big stack needed to put in 1135 to win 2635. He was getting 2.3:1 odds to call, so your fold equity was minimal at best.

I think it would take AT+,88+ to push this

curtains
02-15-2005, 02:58 PM
I would fold here, the SB is very very likely to call, and your hand doesnt figure to be more than a coin flip at best. You are giving up a lot racing here when there is a guy with less chips than you.

bigredlemon
02-15-2005, 03:23 PM
fold PF, unless you are very sure you have him dominated

TheAmp
02-15-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can I be sure?
I need to consider and balance the whole picture:
folding equity, relative stacks, racing chances, and the fact that he is going to steal from me every round until I am cripled without any folding equity.

jcm4ccc
02-15-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can I be sure?
I need to consider and balance the whole picture:
folding equity, relative stacks, and racing chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be sure. That's why you fold.

The SB is calling you 99% of the time here. At best you are a coin flip.

Honestly, I think this was a very bad play.

TheAmp
02-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks jmc,
I agree with you.

Irieguy
02-15-2005, 04:17 PM
I don't think this is a very bad play. I think it is very close. The most important consideration, I think, is that the shortstack will be pushing from UTG with a wide range of hands on the next hand. You will be in the small blind, so there's a reasonable chance that either the chip leader or BB will call him. If he busts, you're good. If he doubles up or wins the blinds, you can push against his big blind and have a favorable folding equity spot. The problem is that the big stack may beat you to it.

So, I fold. But it's somewhat close because of your position relative to the big stack.

Irieguy

Pokerscott
02-15-2005, 05:18 PM
I agree with the easy fold crowd. You want to be first in the pot not second (and coming over the top of the chip leader is not great imo).

On the bubble, the only time I am willing to enter the pot second is if I am 4th and am about to lose my steal equity (baring great cards that is...)

Pokerscott