PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone stagger their starts when multi-tabling?

Karak567
02-15-2005, 01:05 PM
I usually start all 3 (I'm a multi-table n00b) at the same time and in the last few days I've found myself heads up in all three at the same time and that gets really hectic, although I managed to win at least two out of the three both times this happened.

Should I stagger my sets, like wait for one to get to level 3 then start another? Or am I alright just starting all three?

Apathy
02-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I like to start all 4 at the same time. The worst thing when multitabling is being short handed on half and early rounds in the other half. That leads to over playing hands in the early rounds or (worse) missing hands you should be pushing in the bubble and itm situations.

Start them all at once is my vote.

morgan180
02-15-2005, 03:00 PM
most people on here advocate starting all at once for a variety of reasons. personally i do much better staggering the start times, since the first few levels of an SNG are mostly fold, fold, fold, i find that i can concentrate more on the bubble/short-handed games while "ignoring" my early level games. i also have overlap on my monitor and can't afford one that will keep that from happening yet, so it helps me there as well. i seem to be the only one of this opinion though around here.

curtains
02-15-2005, 03:08 PM
I like to stagger.. start 2 , and then start another when one goes halfway through 15-30, and start another when they are both in 25-50. But depends on my mood, I just started all 4 at once right now. Too many emotions all at once when all four are on the bubble!

Mr_J
02-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Nope. Like morgan says, there are advantages to starting all at once:

1) efficiency. Staggering is wasting some time. Over 12 months I'd imagine it adds up.

2) after the 1st set, most will be running at different levels, sort of like an auto-stagger /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

"I've found myself heads up in all three at the same time and that gets really hectic"

Just take your time. Doesn't hurt to make them wait. The more you play, the more efficient you'll become when making your decisions (ie you'll get faster).

rachelwxm
02-15-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Just take your time. Doesn't hurt to make them wait. The more you play, the more efficient you'll become when making your decisions (ie you'll get faster).

[/ QUOTE ]

One interesting story on this is one game I played one slow guy said he was 4 tabling and people start to pay way too much respect afterwards. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Mr_J
02-15-2005, 03:26 PM
I've seen quite a few people who are at 3-4 of my tables, what do you guys think? I treat it as a warning and keep an eye on them. I didn't think alot of fish would 3+ table, maybe they do???

I ran into one 2+2er who 8tables. Was very slow to start with (constant 20 sec delays). Funny thing is when we got 5-6 handed the decisions came pretty quickly.

1C5
02-15-2005, 03:33 PM
I don't think many fish even know they are allowed to play more than one table.

rachelwxm
02-15-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen quite a few people who are at 3-4 of my tables, what do you guys think? I treat it as a warning and keep an eye on them. I didn't think alot of fish would 3+ table, maybe they do???

I ran into one 2+2er who 8tables. Was very slow to start with (constant 20 sec delays). Funny thing is when we got 5-6 handed the decisions came pretty quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, most of the recreational player does not multitable I think. I would avoid them if possible.

Bernas
02-15-2005, 04:14 PM
This happens occasionally to me. I like it. I try to take advantage of them when they are making a crucial decision on one table. For instance, they are in the BB on one table and are involved in a big pot on the other table. I automatically try to steal. If they come over the top you can pretty much guarantee they have a very powerful hand.

Daliman
02-15-2005, 06:16 PM
If your problem is always getting heads up in all 3 you start at once, you need to get some better problems.

FWIW, they usually end up staggering themselves by attrition.

raptor517
02-15-2005, 06:59 PM
well, i do 8, and immediately after i bust in one i start up another. soo, i guess i dont really advocate staggering starts. i dont think it affects my play every much, but it definitely does help out the $/hr

Scuba Chuck
02-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Since I 4 table, I don't normally have time to make too many notes. But when I have a guy at 3 of my tables, I really try and pay attention to what he is doing, and take notes on him. Name a better opportunity to really "get to know" a guy?

Besides being on my 4th table as well, lol.

In general, tho, I agree with others, I will try and avoid guys I know 4 table. (But I seem to get Tight Chicken sneaking in on my tables last second. But he 8 tables, so he doesn't fit into this thread.)

raptor517
02-15-2005, 10:54 PM
i think no matter how many tables you play you should always be able to take a few good notes. even if its something simple. i like to keep track of who steals blinds and who folds their sb a lot, stuff like that, then try to sit next to the guys that give me a free ride and on the opposite side of the guys who steal a lot.